Friday, June 2, 2017

#30DayBookBinge Challenge + June Reading Plans

This is an idea/challenge from The Book Rat, Misty - her post with the video, printables. And it's a low stress (to me, at least) 30 day challenge to read every day for the month of June, because my month wasn't going to busy enough anyway without adding this, right?

I'm hoping I can read something every day but considering I leave the day this posts for NYC/BEA and don't get back until Monday night, and then have friends visiting two weeks later. Oh, and also have a business trip coming up after that. Yeah, it's going to be a little intense/crazy of a month.

Oh, and it's my birthday month, I keep forgetting that (There's also a book release at the end of the month in NY I want to get to).

I guess that's all I've got to say on that - try and read every day, the printables Misty put up are super pretty (also her latest book haul had kittens in it, recommend her YouTube in general but also kittens).

Now, general June reading plans!

I have probably like 10+ books that's I'm currently reading, so I'd really like to knock a few of them off. The first I'll probably finish is Lord of Shadows since I've only got about 200 pages left - don't know why I haven't finished it yet, just not feeling it (probably because I have a feeling both my ships aren't going to be a thing, and I like Emma as a character but meh about their romance) (also I miss Jem and Tessa).

I've also started Stranger than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer - cause it sounded fun and my library had it - but I might DNF it (I'm trying to do this more?). Maybe one of you knows if it gets better but the way he's talking about fanfic authors and also kind of YouTubers (though the seconds a little different just cause of the characters POV). Still, neither made me feel comfortable as someone who has written and read fic, it honestly pissed me off a little.

I've also started Elantris - the last cosmere book I haven't read before - and also have bookmarks in: Two Boys Kissing, Timekeeper, Neverwhere, Heir to the Shadows, IT, and probably others I just can't think of at the moment.

However, it's also Pride month and so I want to read, at least, a few LGBTQIA+ books - at least two of my currently reading actually fit that, so that's good. I would want to read primarily queer books, and I own more then enough, but I'm too much of a mood reader to ever do that for anything. It'd be kind of cool if there was like a week long readathon, though, I think.

I'm going to try and post individual reviews that I haven't posted yet for LGBTQIA+ books to celebrate - here and then cross-posting on Amazon and goodreads to help the author, it's one of my goals this month.

1 comment:

  1. June is always (somehow, no matter what's actually going on, or what I think is going to be going on...) my busiest month. Without fail, things are chaotic in June. And of course, the weather's finally nice, and we have so many things to lure us away from reading -- which is part of why I was so determined to set it for this month!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete