Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Name of the Star


Books: The Name of the Star
Author: Maureen Johnson
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal (YA)
Rating: 5/5
Page Count: 372
Favorite Character: Rory, definitely.

Plot:
(From Goodreads)


The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London, it's the start of a new life at a boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

Review:

So Maureen is possibly one of my favorite people in the world, not just authors. And it's definitely in part because of this amazing sense of humor she has. And it passes over into her books, you can just tell. That is probably one of the main reasons I liked this book so much.

The other, aside from it being about Jack the Ripper, was that it was just so good. Ghosts, Jack the Ripper, it was like this book was made for me. I tried to read this book slower, but it was just so good I devoured it.  And I love the characters in the book. They're developed and they're wonderful and fun. I'm a big character person, I like being able to understand what a character is about.

Some of the humor in this book, as I said before, had me laughing hysterically. However, I'd suggest that you read this book. You should just read it, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment