Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Review: The Power of Six


Book: The Power of Six
Author: Pitacus Lore
Genre: SciFi/Fantasy (YA)
Rating: 3/5
Page count: 406
Favorite character: I really couldn't pick one. Maybe Sam. But probably Marina

Plot: (From Goodreads)

I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.


Review:

I loved the plot, but the reason the rating is so low on this book is because I felt like all of the characters just were off, they weren't acting like themselves. And I feel like that was to fulfill the plot requirements.

The reason that the rating isn't lower is because I did enjoy the book, still, even if I felt like the characters had all had a personality change on me.I, obviously, didn't outright hate this book, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the first. I still really enjoy Pittacus Lore's writing style just because it's so weird, there's no other way to describe it.  If you enjoyed I Am Number Four, I'd suggest giving this one a shot.

I think the main reason, besides the plot, that I liked this book enough that I gave  it 3/5 stars is the new character that's introduce, Marina. She's number seven and I really enjoyed reading about her story. She's such an interesting character and I really don't have anything bad to say about the parts of the book with her in it, she might be the reason I read the next one. And just to figure out how it ends. (Also, I hate the thought of leaving a series unfinished)

Did you like this one more then I did if you've read it? What're your thoughts on it?


No comments:

Post a Comment