Monday, September 2, 2013

August Wrap-Up / September TBR

How is it September already? I feel like I must of missed some months or something, I always feel like the year flies by so fast. Anyway, onto the books, because that's what we're here for right? Books.

August:
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  • Serenity: Those Left Behind (Serenity #1) by Joss Whedon and more
  • Warm Up by Victoria Schwab 
  • Vicious by Victoria Schwab
  • The Blob That Ate Everyone by R.L. Stine
  • Bakuman, Vol. 1: Dreams and Reality by Tsugumi Ohba
  • The Rithmatist (Rithmatist #1) by Brandon Sanderson
  • Better Days (Serenity #2) by Joss Whedon
  • Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • Blue Moon (Anita Blake #8) by  Laurell K. Hamilton
  • The Shepard's Tale (Serenity #3) by Joss and Zack Whedon
  • Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake #9) by Laurell K. Hamilton
Whew! So many books this much, and a couple really good ones that I'm still thinking about. I'm going to, hopefully, have my review of Vicious up the week/day that the book comes out and hopefully reviews many of them. If you haven't noticed, I can be kind of bad at this, it's hard to say enough things sometimes.

September:

Honestly, I have no idea what books I am going to read, as I never do. So, some guesses, and I am definitely not a psychic.

  • Fray by Joss Whedon
  • Next In Death series
  • Ink by Amanda Sun (and the novella)
  • Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper
And hopefully more. I can't remember off the top of my head which In Death book I'm on, I'm on one of them, there's a ton of them. And Fray is a comic/graphic novel about a slayer very far in the future and it sounds amazing (it's Joss Whedon, how could it not be amazing?). I might read the next Anita Blake book, but I've heard after Obsidian Butterfly they get kind of, well, bad (until the newest one, I think), and I have the next three, so I might as well read them, it's just... the next one is over 600 pages. 

I also have some ARCs for books that come out September/October that I definitely should read. I'm very bad at making a list of books to read and sticking to it, though, normally I just pick up a random book and start reading.

Anyway! I hope August was a good month for everyone, if not reading wise then maybe something else wise, and now it's September! How the hell did that happen? No, really, I'm confused about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment