Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Year in Review (2013 - 2)

Part two of this series (at least for 3013)! I don't know how many of these there will be, but probably a lot, because I'm going to try and get as many for each post as I can, without making them extremely long, and I've already read over 90 books this year.

The Regulators by Stephen King (5/5)
Review here

The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia #1) by C.S. Lewis (5/5)
I don't have a review up for this one and, as a couple weeks ago I finished the last book in this series, I'm thinking of just putting up a review of the whole series, but I'm still not sure. I enjoyed this book, and this series, but I'm not sure I have much to say about this one or any of the others.

Glory in Death (In Death #2) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
I love this series. It's more of a guilty pleasure read then anything else, but I can normally read them in one sitting and it's kind of like a cleanse between the more serious books, I guess. (I've read a lot of them this year).

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll (3/5)
I struggled a lot with this book. Something about it, I just couldn't get into, but I did end up finishing and gave it three stars. It wasn't bad, not at all, but it's just so... something. I think most of it was that during the whole thing I was mostly like 'what is happening? why? why?' and that isn't a fun way to read a book.

IT by Stephen King (5/5)
A reread for me, and one of my all time favorite books. It may be over one thousand pages, but I have read it many, many times. Probably too many. I don't have a review up of this one, but I feel like I should, hopefully soon.

The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton (4/5)
I can't pretend to remember what exactly happened in this book, I'm currently reading book nine. But I remember this one not being quite there yet, like she hadn't hit her stride writing this series yet or something. Don't get me wrong, though, it was still really good.

Immortal in Death (In Death #3) by J.D. Robb
I really don't want to say really anything about these books as I get further, I mean they're pretty standalone really, story wise, but still. Check this series out if Law & Order but with more character stuff sounds fun (characters as in the main cast of characters).

Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton (4/5)
I love the Circus, which is where most of this is set, so I really liked this one. The Circus of the Damned is a place in this world, enjoy! And that's all I'm saying, so much further in the series now.

The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton (4/5)
Pretty good. And that's all I'm saying. 4/5 says enough, I think so the 4th in a series.

Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton (5/5)
For some reason I adored this book more then the others. None of the books are really light, but I felt like this one was a little darker and grittier and, I don't know, I just enjoyed it more somehow.

And I think that's where I'm going to cut this one off for now. The mostly In Death and Anita Blake one really, but still. I could probably get through a few more without it getting too long, but I think I'm going to just stop here. To be continued in part three! (Tell me if you like this / if you don't, any comments would be helpful. I like having them, as a kind of personal record, but I'd still be interested if there's anything you think I should add/take away).

No comments:

Post a Comment