Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21st | Weekly Wrap Up #27

So I didn't put one of these up last week, because it was hectic and I figured a two week span wouldn't be that bad, I had other things to work on (end of stuff, beginning of 2016 stuff, none of it I have typed up yet), but now I wish I had done one last week because this week I have eye strain, a migraine (probably from the eye strain and has lasted all day), and also a fever. Overall bleh-ness, really.

That means this one is going to be a very short one.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Falling for Him (The Karimi Siblings #1) by Alisha Rai (2/5)
THis wasn't horrible, to be fair, but it also just plain wasn't my cup of tea. I like my romance/erotica heroines to be sure of themselves, or at least faking it, and such. And she's independent, the main character in this one, but something about her was just a little eh, and the guy was kind of the same. Opening scene, though, the tension is pretty good.

The King (The White Years #2) by Tiffany Reisz (5/5)
I love this series, these characters. Particularly, the focus of this one - Kingsley Edge. I have no idea why I adore King so much, but I just plain do. And this one is all from his perspective, all about him and what was happening and it was just kind of fantastic. Also really loved Sam, and sad to not get more of her at any point, she was awesome.

The Virgin (The White Years #3) by Tiffany Reisz (5/5)
So if you haven't read the Red Years books, which technically take place after these but were published first, then these are about the years before those. They're about things that were alluded too or just things that happened before the Red Years books start - all in her Original Sinners series/universe. And I recommend them but heavy warnings - the Original Sinners stuff is dark BDSM, so fair warning of that, it won't be for everyone. Away from that - this series also has stuff after the red years series, is mostly them reminiscing, so you have to read red years first. (Blaming the little sense I made on my eye pain/fever. Apologies).

Curveball (Away We Go #1) by Charlotte Stein (2/5)
I was promised a good dirty talking hero - and not what I got. None of it was really interesting to me, I was bored a few pages in and that never really changed. Also there's one scene - no spoilers - where it had that moment of: wait, how are they positioned? How is that...? That sounds awkward and weird. So - not terrible, but not fantastic either.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling (5/5)
Long overdue a Harry Potter reread, been almost two years - two in january/february I think, but before that, I hadn't read them all through in years and year. Anyway - the illustrations in this are gorgeous and I was really glad that they weren't really taken from the actors, they're separate from them. I think my favorite illustration - without spoiling any of them because the others need to be seen, they're a delight - is the one of Hagrid and Harry on the boat away from the tiny island with the house. Hagrid's umbrella is the size I've always pictured it, it made me slightly joyful.

The Wicked and the Divine #16 by Gillen, McKelvie, and Matthew Wilson (4/5)
So curious to see where the hell this is all going.

Descender #7 by Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen (2/5)
I'm just not really sure where this whole series is going, but I'll stick with it for a few more issues before making any decisions.

Legion: Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
I think this one was definitely better then the first - more complex, strange, and interesting - and I'm honestly interesting to see where Sanderson is going to go with it, but I know that it's kind of shelved for a while because of Stormlight (which I am totally a fan of, because Stormlight - one of my 2016 goals, actually, is to try and make sure I'm all caught up on all of Sanderson's books. Anyway, not what we're talking about here).

Stuff:
Like I said up above, I'm sick. And I ended up missing the Yule ball today (yesterday for you guys), which I will be more upset about when I no longer have a fever and can see straight (or maybe no since New Years is happening - Malfoy Manor party, so damn excited).

Anyway - there isn't much I'm going to link here because I can't see straight enough to even talk about anything, but on my end: I want to get back into videos, also want to make a video and/or write a post that includes all of the things that have been going on in this apartment building since i've been here for six months now (maybe a post with everything and then video footage to kind of show you). If you're interested in that, let me know, but will probably do anyway - if not soon, in January at some point.

On that note - I don't think that the blogging thing is going to pick up again until January and, even then, a few days into January. I'm having a lovely house guest, and a good friend, staying over for New Years and while I'm very excited, I doubt that I'll be wanting to get much blogging done because I haven't seen her since May, and it might be until next October until I see her again. Also one of my other good friends, Haley, is back from her semester in London (sadly but also yay because I missed her!). So hectic last few weeks of 2015 and first few weeks of 2016, but I am so excited about it.

You probably can't tell because I might be planning on passing out as soon as I'm done typing this but I am super excited, just also feel like shit.

I hope your week was good, that you're day was fantastic, and that you are not sick. Also hope your Christmas (or solstice or whatever else you celebrate) is good and full of warmth. I guess I'll see you when I see you.

Random link things for your eyeballs:
*****Rosianna's Vlogmas videos have been so good, I'll be so sad when they're over. Personal and discussion-y and so close to home for me at points. Enjoy. And Rosi's videos are fantastic normally
Sanderson's end of year / future plans thing
Yorktown (The World Turns Upside down) from Hamilton (Hamilton love doesn't seem to fade, it's been constant for a few weeks now, let's be real I don't really want it to fade)

Note: Apologies for anything that doesn't many any sense / any typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment