Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7th | Weekly Wrap Up #26

I haven't done one of these in a while, but I've been really having the urge to blog and read lately, so hopefully that's a good sign I'm getting out of whatever the last few months have been. First off - I apologize that most of what is going to be in the 'stuff' section is just going to be stuff about what I've been up to instead of links - next week, or in two weeks depending on how much I read.

Speaking of reading - books first! What I've finished and then a brief mention of currently reading.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Kaptara #5 by Chip Zdarsky, Kagan McLeod (5/5)
I just love this series and it's ridiculous sense of humor and the art. It's just all great.

Wayward #11 by Jim Zub, Steven Cummings (5/5)
Been with this series since the beginning, loving it. And looking forward to the next arc next year. Also, as always, highly recommend the single issues because of the essays about Japanese culture, normally related to what happened in the issue, in the back.

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (5/5)
I just have loved everything this author has written that I've read so far and this was no exception - I really loved that their lives are happening just kind of around what would normally be the focus of some Chosen One story (which I love, don't get me wrong, but I've wondered about how the other kids survive/think about it since the prom scene in Buffy).

Doll Bones by Holly Black (4.5/5)
I mostly listened to this through audible - while making things, more on that in the stuff section - but about this one. This is narrated by one of my favorite narrators who, actually, I just recently put together as this. I think the first audiobook I really fell in love with was The Name of the Wind - I really loved his narration of The Knife of Never Letting Go, though, as well. Which is related to how I rediscovered him - about this, though - Fantastic read. Adorable, middle grade adventure, with hints of magic you can really take as real or not (I'm going to take it as real because magic).

And, on that note, I'm currently reading - listening to in this case - Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness. I've been putting off reading it because I know it's going to hurt, but I decided I finally needed to just do it. It's been long enough.

I'm also currently reading The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan - some reason I can't get into this, I don't know why but I'm going to keep trying, only 16% through. And 100 Essays I Don't Have Time to Write: On Umbrellas and Sword Fights, Parades and Dogs, Fire Alarms, Children, and Theater  - which I'm enjoying, I saw a few snippets of it posted somewhere and I really loved them. So far so good, about 18% through and taking my time.


Stuff:
So.
The stuff part I've been talking about.

I started this like intense crocheting period from the last few days of November, starting the 29th, to well it hadn't stopped as of writing this - yesterday, Sunday.  And I made a bunch of stuff and not a lot of reading was done during that time, but more reading then I'd been getting done, which I was more then okay with.

During the about eight days I made - a throw blanket (thick yarn, crocheted 3x5feet), 6 various types of hats (trying to figure out what pattern I like best, because hats), 1 thick yarn crochet scarf, 1 loom double knitted scarf (technically I think it's called the crossed stockinette stitch, but - double knitted, both sides). And that's only the stuff I've finished, there's quite a few things I've started (including the main body of teddy bear before realizing I had no stuffing, which I'll get soon hopefully).

I've been posting pictures, I'll link them at the bottom so I can list what they're of, but it's been a whirlwind, I'm not sure how this happened. I started crocheting about two months ago, September 22nd. I'd knitted before and such, but had never gotten into crocheting - and that was apparently a good thing. Because now I can't start. Also loom knitting, that's fast and a lot of fun, how I made most of the hats (5/6), and the double scarf.

Anyway, everyone who doesn't care probably skimmed that, which I completely understand, I also accidentally marathoned the whole first season of the Flash and the first two seasons of Arrow.(stalled in the beginning of s3 of Arrow, so just switched, meant to just watch a few episodes of the Flash. Oh well, I'll get back to arrow, if just for the badass ladies and Olicity).

What are you up to? I've been so out of loop, hopefully I can slowly get back into it, though I have a busy week head, more chiropractor stuff and probably more crocheting, hopefully reading.

I hope you've had a great week, and let me know what you've been up to or drop your own weekly wrap up link in the comments so I can see!

On the blog:

Pictures of the things I made - 
Almost everything together
 (sans 2 hats, because they weren't made yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment