Monday, May 8, 2017

Bout of Books 19 | TBR, Goals, Update Post

Another Bout of Books is upon us, my most favorite of readathons (sorry #readathon, but you're a very, very close second). This is my... who knows, honestly (13th? 14th?) time taking part in Bout of Books and I have so much fun every time. A whole week of a readathon with no challenges or pressures, and also fun twitter chats.

If you're confused - Bout of Books website. If you're also taking part, feel free to link me to your blog or whatever you're updating your progress for this readathon. Now, onto goals and my possible TBR for the week, this post will also hold my updates for every day.

Happy readathon!

The Goals

  • Read! As much as possible but not giving myself too much pressure to read a certain amount. I've got a ton of books I want to get to, just keep picking them up.
  • Visit blogs! Comment! Interact! (One of my favorite parts of book blogging and I'm so bad at it because I let my anxiety get the best of me, but I've been really pushing myself recently to comment/talk with the cool book people)
  • Twitter chats!
  • Bout of Book expert? (I signed up to be one and it seems like a cross between a cheerleader and a volunteer to answer any questions on twitter/other social media. I'm really excited about this, actually, sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun)

The Stack

(to choose from)
  • Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy (comes out Tuesday)
  • Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson
  • Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson
And like so many more? I have a huge pile of books I want to read ASAP that I'll be picking from, I'll post a picture on instagram that I'll link when it's up because it's ridiculous. Books and trades of comics. (this will be changed/edited as readathon goes on)

The Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Pages read: 35
Time Spent Reading: 14 minutes
Books:
Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson (started - 35 pages)

Notes:
Well. I didn't read a lot, but I did (mostly) take part in the twitter chat!


Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total # of books I've read: 0
Pages read: 42
Total # of pages: 75 
Time Spent Reading: 36 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 50 minutes
Books:
Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson (continues - 42 pages)

Notes:
(I forgot to update this heyoooo) (had that ever happened before)

Wednesday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total # of books I've read: 1
Pages read: 307
Total # of pages: 382 
Time Spent Reading: 3 hours, 44 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 4 hours, 36 minutes
Books:
Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson (finished - 307 pages)

Notes:
This reread was SO GOOD OH MY GOOD. I can't wait, and am terrified, of starting Bands of Mourning. I actually read for more then an hour today, HEYOOO.

Thursday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total # of books I've read: 1
Pages read: 231
Total # of pages: 613 
Time Spent Reading: 3 hours, 4 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 7 hours, 40 minutes
Books:
The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson (started - 231 pages)

Notes:
So many things are happening what do I do?

Friday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total # of books I've read: 2
Pages read: 191
Total # of pages: 804 
Time Spent Reading: 2 hours, 16 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 9 hours, 54 minutes
Books:
The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson (finished - 191 pages)

Notes:
This book was so good and the ending and - my brain is broken.

Saturday, Sunday, and Wrap up

I realized I never actually published my updates for Friday and Thursday so they're there now. Overall this wasn't a great reading week for me, but it was a lot of fun to take part in the twitter chats and see everyone on twitter. I just, honestly, wasn't feeling super well this week - mentally or physically. The books did kind of help that, as did the fun of chatting to fellow book nerds, but I was just so tired that if I tried reading my head would start dipping.

So tired, I'm still not sure fully why. Anyway - if you did bout of books, let me know how you did or post the link to your wrap up. I hope you had a great week, reading and otherwise, and hopefully I'll talk to you soon!

4 comments: