Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April 2017 | Monthly Wrap Up

I started blogging again this month and so we have a monthly wrap up! How exciting! Honestly, it kind of is for me, I forgot how much I really just enjoyed doing this. Looking back on the month, seeing what I'd read / posted on the blog and such.

Personally, I think I had a pretty good reading month, considering everything. I'm hoping to read more in May and, I should, finally finish Words of Radiance. I think I have like 400 pages, was going to try and finish during April but it just didn't end up happening for a few reasons. Sadly. I'm loving it, though, it's so good.

Books:
  • Even This Page is White by Vivek Shraya (5/5)
  • So Sweet (So Sweet #1) by Rebekah Weatherspoon (4/5)
  • Check Please! Year One and Year Two by Ngozi Ukaza (5/5)
  • Radio Silence by Alice Oseman (5/5)
  • The God Engines by John Scalzi
  • Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor
  • Second Kiss by Chelsea M Cameron 
  • One Hot December (Men at Work #3) by Tiffany Reisz 
  • Forest of Memory by Mary Robinette Kowal

Graphic Novels:
  • Injection, Volume 1 by Warren Ellis
  • Injection, Volume 2 by Warren Ellis
  • Lumberjanes, Volume 6: Sink or Swim by Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters
  • Giant Days, Volume 4 by John Allison
Okay so there were some good ones this month. Even This Page is White made me cry - I read it in snippets because poetry but it was amazing. Radio Silence also gave me a lot of feelings, in a totally different vein, but for some reason it was just so amazing? Platonic m/f bffs and a bi MC and a demisexual mc. I kind of flipped a little because, my friends, the word is actually used.

Check Please!, if you don't know, if a web comic about queer hockey players - here's where to start reading it online for free - and it's just really damn amazing. It has characters that I adore, probably an unhealthy amount, and also a happy m/m couple where one becomes a professional hockey player? It's so good? Love it!

For some thoughts on my Dewey's read - Dewey's wrap up - but Binti: Home was amazing and more people need to read Injection.

Let me know what you read this month, or what you got up to in general. If you've posted a monthly wrap up, feel free to link me to it.

Happy reading!

On the Blog:
Dewey's readathon | April 29th | Sign Up
Where have I been? And where is this going? | Hello, again
My Favorite Reads of 2016 + My Year in Reading
Bout of Books 19 | Sign Up Post
Dewey's 24 hour readathon | April 201
Dewey's readathon | Wrap Up

No comments:

Post a Comment