Saturday, August 25, 2012

Book Review: A Mutiny In Time (Infinity Ring #1)

Book: A Mutiny In Time (Infinity Ring #1)
Author: James Dashner
Genre: Adventure, Time Travel (Middle Grade) 
Rating: 5/5
Page Count: 192 (Hardcover)
Favorite Character: I really like both of the main characters in this book, Dak and Sera. But apart from them I also really enjoy Gloria, who is not in this book very long
Release Date: August 28th, 2012 (Scholastic)

Plot: (From Goodreads)

Scholastic's next multi-platform mega-event begins here! History is broken, and three kids must travel back in time to set it right!

When best friends Dak Smyth and Sera Froste stumble upon the secret of time travel -- a hand-held device known as the Infinity Ring -- they're swept up in a centuries-long secret war for the fate of mankind. Recruited by the Hystorians, a secret society that dates back to Aristotle, the kids learn that history has gone disastrously off course.Now it's up to Dak, Sera, and teenage Hystorian-in-training Riq to travel back in time to fix the Great Breaks . . . and to save Dak's missing parents while they're at it. First stop: Spain, 1492, where a sailor named Christopher Columbus is about to be thrown overboard in a deadly mutiny!



Review:
I first heard about this at BEA, which is where I got my hands on a copy, and it sounded amazing. And it definitely lived up to what I thought it was going to be. I was surprised, really, by how much i enjoyed this book. And I'm so excited to see where the rest of the story goes.

But this is an original plot and the writing was fantastic, the description of some places making me feel like I was there, and I was glad I was able to read this one a little early so I could try and spread the word about this series because I think it's going to be a fantastic one.


No comments:

Post a Comment