Sunday, April 10, 2016

#Genrethon (readathon) TBR + kick-off

I meant to write up and put up a post talking about TBRTakedown and genrethon but, as you can probably tell, I didn't do that. It's currently the last day of TBRTakedown and the first day of the genrethon. They're both readathons started and run by booktubers, different ones and the later many.

This is about genrethon, though, since the other is already over. (I'm never sure if I should put the hastag when just talking about the readathon, but it looks weird when i do. Also never sure about writing 'read-a-thon' or 'readathon.') Besides all of that, genrethon is - you probably guessed - all about reading different genres.

Technically about trying to read things out of your comfort zone, but I'm a reader whose pretty much up for anything. And, so far, haven't found anything I haven't liked enough that it's put me off a genre. There are some I don't read a lot, though. So my TBR is more like a pile of things I want to read right now that I'll end up choosing from, no where near what I'll be reading entirely.

First off, I'm currently rereading the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson, so I'll keep going with that, but I also want to take a breaks/read other things along side them. So there's a large stack:

  • The Bands of Mourning (Wax and Wayne #3) by Brandon Sanderson (I know... I know, I can't believe I haven't this yet either, but might not get to it this week because want to be able to focus on it but who knows)
  • Captive Prince (Captive Prince #1) by C.S. Pacat (I have the others if I want to keep going, keep hearing rave things about this - but also not so good. Considering what I know, though, I think I'll be more on the rave side).
  • Dimension W, Volume 1 by Yuji Iwahara (Manga! Haven't read one in a while and I miss it, and watched the first episode of this show, which was really good. A tad... fan-servicey, but still good).
  • A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly (I heard someone rave about this and ended up buying it and now, for the life of me, I can't remember who or find the review. Dammit, ah well, still sounds really good).
  • Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes by Scott Cawthon, Kira Breed-Wrisley (This came out at some point recently, and my slight obsession with these games is pretty extreme for only have slightly played the 1st one. Watching someone else play it is way better, made me jump more but not I'm almost use to them. Still awesome, as is the story. Now to read this one, in the middle of the day, probably)
Besides that, I've got a thought to read some poetry, a collection probably, and also a graphic novel or two (genrethon, here I come). It's been a surprising amount of time since I've read both, obviously a graphic novel more recently but still a while. 

I've got my "spring" TBR about ready to go, just got to finish it up and post it, these will be included in that list, too, so if I don't read them in this week, hopefully soon. Besides that - taking part in this readathon? Whether you are or not, let me know what you're currently-reading/planning to read next!

No comments:

Post a Comment