Monday, August 22, 2016

Bout of Books 17 | Update Post

Day one and the post with all the things goes up - I'd forgotten I'd gotten into the one post thing, but it is kind of nice to have everything in one place. Is a little, very, long by the end of the week but I guess that's to be expected and fine.

In May, for the last Bout of Books, I had such bad eye strain that for like 85% of the week I could barely move, let alone read. I could barely function - but I was bored while laying still in the dark for hours, a person can only sleep so much, so I did audiobook it. This time - new glasses, which help, and also plain just not doing things that'll cause me eye strain so hopefully this week will be good............ *knocks on wood*

Below are my goals, loose TBR, and then where my updates at the end of every day will be (probably updated the next morning because sleep is nice). 

My Goals

  • Read. Read. Read.
  • Twitter chats! (possibly my favorite part of these readathons? I just love the chatting part - so much fun!)
  • Comment on blogs - not just reading and lurking, leaving actually damn comments. (It isn't that hard but my anxiety makes it super hard - I don't know why! It should, at least, be easy to comment on peoples blogs I've talked to. Excuse the language, though I swear all the time in real life, but fuck anxiety).
  • And, as always: have fun! Only flailing!
Books to Read (who knows what this will looks like by the end of the week - won't take any off that I put up but will definitely add some):
  • Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11) by Charlaine Harris
  • Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris
  • Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13) by Charlaine Harris
  • Forest of Memory by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowstone #2) by Faith Hunter
  • Injection, Volume 1 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey
  • Injection, Volume 2 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey
  • Paper Girls #6 by Brian K. Vaughn, Cliff Chiang
Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 2
Pages read: 516
Time Spent Reading: 5 hours, 44 minutes
Books:
Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11) by Charlaine Harris (finished - 189 pages)
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris (finished - 327 pages)

Notes:
I am going to finish the Sookie Stackhouse series tomorrow - probably. I mean I don't know what could stop me, even if I have more things to do then expected it's going to take me like max four hours. I'm so ready to be done - I'm enjoying it but it's grinding on my nerves a little, all of them are.

Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total # of books I've read: 3
Pages read: 338
Total # of pages: 854
Time Spent Reading: 3 hours, 58 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 9 hours, 42 minutes
Books:
Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13) by Charlaine Harris (started and finished - 338 pages)

Notes:
So. Finished that series. Let's just - move on now that that's all over.

I meant to read more but I was just kind of exhausted by about eight and just didn't have the brain power, so ended up doing a few things that require less brain power. Don't know how much time I'll have to read tomorrow, but probably going to read some of the comic things I've got I want to read soon and also, hopefully, start the next novel (might already be planning to go off my TBR because nothings catching my eye, but I am damn tired).

Wednesday
Nothing read. Nothing.

Notes:
Yup. I thought this week was free but it turns out it isn't - ah, the fun. But after today I should have more time to read and such, we shall see. I really want to get into Blood Cross by Faith Hunter and have both the physical and audiobook so that might be good for today and the cleaning and such I have to do.

Hopefully your Wednesday went better - let me know how your readathon is going! (Today, tomorrow, whenever you see this. Hey there). (I didn't get enough sleep last night and am slightly loopy, so that'll be fun).

Thursday

Notes:
General business but also my friend, and neighbor, came home from Italy and she had a hell of a trip and not in a good way. So there was much catching up, and I'm fine with not reading because of that. Hopefully I can read Friday but sleeping, for some reason, has become difficult.

Friday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total # of books I've read: 3
Pages read: 46
Total # of pages: 900
Time Spent Reading: 33 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 10 hours, 15 minutes
Books:
Blood Cross (Janes Yellowrick #2) by Faith Hunter (started - 46 pages)

Notes:
I had time to read today, but I couldn't concentrate? I love this series and it's so interesting and there's also stuff happening, though not always action, which is really kind of how I like my urban fantasy. Either way, it just wasn't holding my attention, I guess I needed more time to whatever.

Saturday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total # of books I've read: 3
Pages read: 222
Total # of pages: 1,122
Time Spent Reading: 3 hours, 23 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 13 hours, 39 minutes
Books:
A Trick of Light by Lois Metzger (started - 19 pages)
The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic (started - 203 pages)

Notes:
I also tried getting into another book on my kindle paperwhite - which I am still slightly obsessed with, have been since it arrived - but I didn't want to count all the beginnings of books I read. I want to eventually get to A Trick of Light, but I think I'll wait on that. (It seems to be a little experimental, also it's going to be a hard read and I thought maybe that's what I was in the mood for but maybe not that kind of hard).

The Foxhole Court is different then I expected? I've been hearing about it for a little while and I bought this first one fairly recently - purely based on the fact it was LGBTQ+ and people seemed to like it. At first, with the NCAA college sport thing - I was like: maybe it's like checkplease! hell yes (and the LGBTQ+ elements, as well). Well, it's not like my favorite webcomic in the world, not in any way but that, because it is dark as shit and I am loving it? If you've read this book, or finished the series, let me know your thoughts - planning on finishing the first one tomorrow and maybe going on to the second.

Sunday
Number of books I've read today: 2
Total # of books I've read: 5
Pages read: 350
Total # of pages: 1,472
Time Spent Reading: 5 hours, 43 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 19 hours, 21 minutes
Books:
The Foxhole Courts (All for the Game #1) by Nora Sakavic (finished - 34 pages)
The Raven King (All for the Game #2) by Nora Sakavic (started and finished - 286 pages)
The Kings Men (All for the Game #3) by Nora Sakavic (started - about 30 pages)

Notes:
Alright, the end of another bout of books. It's always sad for it to be over - and I may have read a good amount but no where near to what I had wanted to read - mostly to get a bit ahead in my reading challenge which was why I was focusing on novels and didn't get to any of the single issues/comics I'd laid out.

I'm probably going to post a full wrap up tomorrow after I get some sleep, because that's always fun, but quickly: loving the All for the Game series. It's fucked up and really freaking good. I'm enjoying the beginning of the third one a little less but I think because - well, spoilers, but I'm a sucker for like ALL THE SECRETS and then them slowly being doled out in surprising or shocking ways. That's probably normal but it's also fun.

Probably still going to read a good chunk of book three tomorrow, readathon or no, because I need to know how this all ends. Need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment