Thursday, April 19, 2012

Graphic Novel Review: The Lightning Thief

Book: The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Fantasy, Adventure (middle-grade)
Rating: 4/5
Page Count: 128
Favorite Character: uh, well, Percy, obviously. And Grover, love Grover, and Annabeth.

Plot: (From Goodreads)
After learning that he is the son of a mortal woman and Poseidon, god of the sea, twelve-year-old Percy is sent to a summer camp for demigods like himself, and joins his new friends on a quest to prevent a war between the gods.

Review:
This was obviously a very popular book series, and the whole series is out and I've loved the whole thing. I was surprised when I saw this in the bookstore, I hadn't known about any graphic novel activity, but I had to pick it up, it looked too good not to.

And it was really good. I loved the images for some of the places, though, some stuff was cut out of it. It was extremely important, stuff, I guess but I still loved some of those scenes. I was just glad it was better then the movie. Some of the people looked off, like Clarisse looked a little too big like she was on steroids, an Annabeth's face looked off and her hair looked like a wig.

It was good overall, though. I'd recommend it if you've read the books. I loved this series and I love seeing anything else surrounding it. The Heroes of Olympus series has already become one of my favorites. (According to Goodreads The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel comes out September 4th! I can't wait, these are so much fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment