- Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2) by Alice Clayton (3/5)
- Kaptara #2 & #3 by Chip Zdarsky, Kagan McLeod (4/5)
- All-New Hawkeye #3 by Jeff Lemire, Ramón Pérez (4/5)
- Wayward #8 & #9 by Jim Zub, Steve Cummings (5/5)
- Thor, Volume One: Goddess of Thunder & (single issues) #6, #7, #8 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman (5/5)
- Spider-Gwen #5 by Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez (3/5)
- The Wicked and the Divine #11 by Kiernon Gillen, Jamie McKelvie (5/5)
- Nameless #4 by Grant Morrison, (3/5)
- Descender #4 by Jeff Lemire,
- Batgirl, Volume 1: The Batgirl of Burnside by Cameron Stewart, Brenden Fletcher (5/5)
- Velvet, Volume 2: The Secret Lives of Dead Men by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting (5/5)
- Redeployment by Phil Klay (5/5)
- The Lost Hero: Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan (3/5)
- Ms. Marvel, Volume 3: Crushed by G. Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa (5/5)
- Wayward #9 by Jim Zub, Steve Cummings (5/5)
- RunLoveKill #3 by Jonathan Tsuei, Eric Canete
- The Melancholy of Mechagirl by Catherynne M. Valente (5/5) (so weird, and interesting)
- The Trap Door (Infinity Ring #3) by Lisa McMann (3/5)
So I only read three novels/book books, five trades/graphic novels, and fourteen single issues. I'm really hoping to get more book books read, but I'm just so stuck in this slump, maybe now that I'm moved I can get more into it.
And then we had July, the actual month I moved in. I took the first day to see how much I could read and planned to do the same the second day when I got the call my apartment was ready and the equivalent of - oh shit, only like 75% of my books I liked, good god. And I still don't quite have all my books here, I'm not sure if they'll all go here or if I'll put some in storage, I guess we can figure it out at some point (my mom is also moving so those books are in bookcase with her stuff, it's complicated).
So what I read in July!
- Whistling in the Dark by Tamara Allen (5/5) (seriously enjoyed and I 100% know why but it's slightly embarrassing - so good, though).
- March, Book One by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, Nate Powell (5/5) (important. well written, important, and right to the heart)
- If It Ain't Love by Tamara Allen (3/5)
- Hawkeye #22 by Matt Fraction, David Aja (5/5) (it's over, I'm not okay about it, but it was fantastic)
- Black Canary #1 & #2 by Brenden Fletcher, Annie Wu (5/5)
- All-New Hawkeye #4 by Jeff Lemire, Ramón Pérez (4/5)
- Injection #1, #2 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (3/5, 4/5)
- The Wicked and the Divine #12 by Kiernon Gillen, Kate Brown (4/5)
- Descender #5 by Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen (4/5)
- RunLoveKill #4 by Jonathan Tsuei, Eric Canete (4/5)
- Wolf #1 by Ales Cot (5/5) (so stoked for more, want more)
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (5/5)
I did a video July wrap up / August TBR but I still wanted to type it all out so it's all in one place and nicely put together and such. (Video here)
So there was a lot of awesome shit that I read this month but even through all of it - The Song of Achilles. It's incredible and heart-wrenching and so beautifully written it hurts. I'd recommend it to just everyone - it hurts and it's beautiful, so damn beautiful.
Also I'm kind of planning on doing a few comics posts - recommendations and then what's on my pull list (which would be a long one, I could split up recommendations into separate things). Let me know if anyone would be interested in that and let me know what you've been reading in the comments - books, comics, fan fiction. I'm up to hear about anything. What have you been up to since I've been so out of touch with everything?