Thursday, January 21, 2016

January - March 2016 | Quarterly TBR

I've gone back and forth on doing TBRs, just in general, because I'm normally so bad at sticking to them. And I've kind of just stopped, well since I hadn't been reading much and such, but I'd kind of like to start again, but Quarterly ones, and not too many. I'm not going to list all the books I currently really want to read, because honestly that's just all of them.

And some of these I'm going to have already finished because this is going to be going up a bit into January, but whatever. I don't know if I'll ever get back to the reading amazingness that was 2014, but I hope to one day. However, some books I'd like to read in the first quarter of 2016.

  • The Grownup by Gillian Flynn 
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (currently-reading, so really just need to finish it)
  • The Queen by Tiffany Reisz (don't want to because then the series will be over and I'll be sad - but also do want to because want to know what the happened in that time)
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (I've been excited for this book for like a year and a half, over that now, and I preordered it, it came out end of September, and I haven't read it yet. So I need to. Just do it, self).
  • Radiance by Catherynne M Valente (sword and laser pick this month and I want to read more of Valente's stuff since reading her essay/poem collection last year)
  • Star Wars: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray (I'm a sucker for extended universe stuff so, since I've now seen all the star wars movies - extended universe here I come)
  • Star Wars: Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka (hellooo... Also maybe one of the older ones that isn't canon canon anymore, because I have heard so much about it)
  • Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness (I have been currently reading this for a ridiculous amount of time, I need to just finish it)
  • 100 Essays I Don't Have Time to Write by Sarah Ruhl (also currently reading too long, and this one is super short)
That's all I'm going to put down, because who knows what'll happen and what way my reading will go, but those are some I'd really like to get to or finish up. There's some a lot of single issues (I am so behind that I could probably bury myself under the single issues I haven't read yet. And I don't think I'm even exaggerating). Also, of course, some trades and probably graphic novels. Some: Ms. Marvel, Volume 4: Last Days; Squirrel Girl, Volume 1: Squirrel Power; Bitch Planet, Volume 1; Suicide Squad, Volume 1; Wytches, Volume 1. And probably others, there's some single issues I added to my pull list and haven't started the series yet and, so, I want to start them to see if I should keep going or drop them (maybe get in trade or just drop).

Do you do a monthly/quarterly/whatever TBR? How does it work for you? I'm really kind of curious, because I have no idea how this is going to end up working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment