Saturday, April 2, 2016

March 2016 | Monthly Wrap Up

I didn't, honestly, do much reading during the month. And I did pretty much no blogging since the only thing that went up was my monthly wrap up for February. I'm not all together sure what happened, I guess I just wasn't in the mood for blogging? And also just wasn't in a very good headspace and ended up marathoning like 5 seasons of Gilmore Girls (still have two left!)

Anyway - also took a small trip at the end of the month for a friends birthday party and such. And I've just been in a better mindset overall. I don't know what changed, but I did learn about 1/3rd of what was wrong with me, causing the most symptoms. I had .5 vitamin D, apparently the lowest the doctor has ever seen (thank you, thank you, I know, so very impressive). So now I'm taking one 50,000 pull a week for eight weeks, and then 2,000 a day (which is the daily intake). I might no longer be consistently and always exhausted, that'd be interesting.

Besides medical things, I did end up reading some, and also book shopping while up in Ithaca (I took almost no pictures, not sure why, but I didn't so there's that). I'm thinking of finally making videos again, i think it's been since October since I've put one up.

Onto the books I read and then what I thought, since I've done zero monthly wrap ups.

Books:
City of Fallen Angels (TMI #4) by Cassie Clare (4/5)
City of Lost Souls (TMI #5) by Cassie Clare (4/5)
City of Heavenly Fire (TMI #6) by Cassie Clare (5/5)
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassie Clare (5/5)
Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson (4/5)

Single Issues:
I Hate Fairyland #1 by Scottie Young, Jean-François Beaulieu (3/5)
Mirror #1 by Emma Rios (4/5)

To start with the books - obviously The Mortal Instruments four through six were all rereads. And I'm not sure I'll be reading them all the way through again, but who really knows. They're addicting and entertaining (fun fact: one of the posts I tried to work on this month was about this series and my feelings about it - negative and positive, how bleh all the Clare stuff makes me feel. But I didn't finish it, don't think I ever will, it all sounded weird). Heavenly Fire is ridiculous, at points, but I also love it? A lot? I've learned my taste in books is a tad strange.

Lady Midnight was definitely more then I expected - and I played with writing a full review of it, or maybe a full discussion with full spoilers. But I just can't put my thoughts together that much about it, even a good bit after finishing it. I did really enjoy it, though, and how it was more mature, and all the kids were kick ass. We weren't being re-introduced to the world, either, because she's grown up in this world. Is like female Jace - all Shadowhunters do seem to either have a death wish or just no concern regarding it.

Kingdom Keepers was a reread - I wanted to finally finish off this series, and there's a new spinoff series. However, I only really remember a few random scenes from the six books, so rereading was a necessity. Apparently I reread this one, the first one, in 2014 but I have no memory of that. Otherwise I read them all in 2013, almost three years ago.

Onto the single issues, I enjoyed both, but something about the main character in Fairyland just erked me. I don't normally honestly not like unlikeable characters, but she is literally the villain and I'd rather see from the point of view of someone else, I guess. (The art is gorgeous, though, I loved it. And the story does promise to be strange and interesting).

Mirror was different - I picked it up on w him and had no idea what to expect and it was incredible, seriously incredible. It's definitely confusing at points, and I can't wait to read the second issue, but overall I really just plain enjoyed it. And the art is completely gorgeous.

That about wraps up my month, in reading and otherwise. How was your month? What did you read? Do anything exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment