Saturday, April 29, 2017

Dewey's 24 hour readathon | April 2017

Readathon time ahoy! This is my post with my stack - books I'd like to get to - and my goals. And also, of course, my updates. I normally update every four hour just because it feels like a good chunk of time for me?

I'm hoping to be awake when this goes live - at 8am, when the readathon starts for me - but who knows since I'm still a little sick. Either way, my plan is to read all day. I've got snacks, minus my ice cream sadly, but I guess ice cream is hard to eat while reading.

Feel free to link me to where you're updating - your blog, youtube(?), twitter, goodreads, litsy. And I hope your readathon goes good - here we go!

The Stack:

  • The God Engines by John Scalzi
  • We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
  • The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
  • Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor
  • Injection, Volume 1 by Warren Ellis
  • Injection, Volume 2 by Warren Ellis
  • Lumberjanes, Volume 6: Sink or Swim by Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters
  • Giant Days, Volume 4 by John Allison
  • Second Kiss by Chelsea M Cameron 
  • One Hot December (Men at Work #3) by Tiffany Reisz 
  • Forest of Memory by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks 
  • (edit: will be adding/taking away as my mood changes through out the readathon)

The Goals:

  • Read, have fun doing it
  • Cheer on people! I'm not signed up as a cheerleader but it's always fun to interact with people (prob social media)
  • Comment on blogs - again, cheer people on, but comments
  • Finish at least one book book, don't stress about it

The Updates:

Social Media:

8am - 12pm

Books:
Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor (started and finished - 162 pages)
Lumberjanes, Volume 6: Sink or Swim by Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters (started and finished - 112 pages)
Giant Days, Volume 4 by John Allison (started and finished 112 pages)
Injection, Volume 1 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (started and finished - 120 pages)

# of pages read: 506
# books read: 4
time spent reading: 2 hours, 45 mintues

Notes:
I loved Binti: Home so much - if you haven't given this series a shot you must. And I can't wait to get to more of her work! Lumberjanes, of course, I love more then is healthy. And Giant Days is a lot of fun!

Injection is just so good, I cannot push enough that you have to check out this comic series.

12pm - 4pm

Books:
Injection, Volume 2 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (started and finished - 120 pages)
The God Engines by John Scalzi (started and finished - 106 pages)
Second Kiss by Chelsea M Cameron (started and finished - 59 pages)

# of pages read: 285 
total # of pages: 791
# books read: 3
total # of books:
time spend reading: 2 hours, 9 minutes 
total time spent reading: 4 hours, 54 minutes

Notes:
I am going to take a nap now I think? Injection - amazing. The God Engines - meh? And Second Kiss was super cute but had a trouble that I've read in all of the few fluff short things I've read like this (still good, though)

4pm - 12am

Books:
One Hot December (Men at Work #3) by Tiffany Reisz (started and finished - 216 pages)
Forest of Memory by Mary Robinette Kowal (started and finished - 88 pages)
The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks (started and DNF'd - 105 pages)

# of pages read: 409
total # of pages: 1,200
# books read: 2
total # of books:
time spend reading: 3 hours, 18 minutes
total time spent reading: 8 hours, 12 minutes

Notes:
Whoops, longer span between updates then normal (though was updating twitter and instagram a lot) mostly because I ended up taking a nap, a longer nap then I meant to but I guess I needed it. I am stil recovering from a cold.

One Hot December was really good - love the author and this one isn't as good as her Original Sinners series, but it's still really good, a lot of fun, great humor. Forest of Memory was weird as all hell and I really enjoyed it?

The Girl in the Park was something I've owned since, I think, Borders closed? (I can't remember buying it but I'm pretty sure it was at a Borders). And there was feeling in it but, honestly, I got sick of endless slut shamming.


12am - 4am

Books:

# of pages read: 
total # of pages: 
# books read: 
total # of books: 
time spend reading: 
total time spent reading: 

Notes:



4am - 8am
Books:

# of pages read: 
total # of pages: 
# books read: 
total # of books: 
time spend reading: 
total time spent reading: 

Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment