Thursday, January 5, 2012

A John Green Story


Happy John Green Week!

But to be honest with you I am not entirely in the mood to review a book right now so you are getting a story. Is that okay? I really do not know what I am supposed to be doing but ya I thought a story would be nice.

So. This story starts on April 11th, 2010. I am sitting at home, doing nothing. Probably reading, when Casey tweets me saying that John Green is having a book signing for his new book Will Grayson, Will Grayson. It is in Connecticut (if I remember correctly) and it started in like 5 hours. The drive was at least 4 hours so i got ready and before I knew it Casey and her mother picked me up and we were on our way to Connecticut. I had not read Will Grayson, Will Grayson yet so Ostarted to read it on the way there. I had almost finished once we had gotten there. We were there just in time and we ran in and got three seats closest to the back. This was before it really set in. I was meeting John Green. The John Green. I was also meeting Maureen Johnson and David Levithan. They started off by introducing eachother and talking about the book. That is when I realized it was real. They acted out scenes and we yelled out nerdfighter jokes that David did not understand. It was amazing.

This was my first book signing so I really didn't know how it worked. Soon enough though i had a copy of Will Grayson, Will Grayson in my arms with a sticky note that said my name on it. Then we were hearded like cattle into a long line. This was also before i knew they would sign any books you brought.... my lose. But soon i was so close to John Green. This was actually when i met Esther Earl. I did not know it was Esther at the time but she was helping with the line and we talked for only a brief couple seconds and I regret now not talking to her for longer. Then my book was handed to John Green... I was at a loss for words. The only thing that would come out of my mouth was, "Hi. I love your books. DFTBA." I was about to be moved over to David when i asked, "How is Henry?" He smiled and he responded, "Henry is great. I actually just talked to him and when i mean talk the yeti held the phone out to him and he gurgled." I said thanks and was moved onto David. I did not know much about David so i told him i loved Norah and the infinate playlist. And the next question i don't know why i asked but i asked,"So David are you jealous of John's Puff." John chuckled and David had a confused face and John said, "My hair. How puffy it is." David then laughed, "Yes. I wish my hair was that puffy." I said goodbye to both of them.

Next i met Maureen, she was having a secret signing in the corner of the room, as Maureen does. I asked her why she was wearing pants and we had quite a funny conversation i am sure but i do not remember it much. But the next thing i remember was we were back in our chairs when someone came over and handed me an Iphone, "Is this yours?" They asked and I just laughed and yelled, "MAUREEN!" She spun around and gasped. "You saved him!" She then proceeded to stroke her iphone like a baby and called me a hero. Then Casey and I left. All I rememeber from the ride home was we just kept saying over and over, "WE MET JOHN GREEN. JOHN GREEN. WE MET HIM." One of the best days of my life for sure, not including Leakycon and Vidcon obviously.

Well i know that was different then what we usually post but like i said i just was not in the mood to write a review. So i hope you liked my story. I probably forgot a million things that Casey will point out to me later but that was how the experience stuck in my head. Well Casey and I will be at the MA Signing for John's NEW book the Fault in our Stars this on Tuesday! So if you will be there just comment! Can't Wait!

BYEE

-- Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment