Sunday, June 24, 2012

BEA: A Recap

First off I want to say two things (1) this is probably going to be a very long post and that (2) I really enjoyed BEA. I want to mention that every blogger, author, and everyone else was so nice. Even when we were all a bit loopy by Thursday (I was completely exhausted, but I still went for pretty much the whole day, so much was happening it was so interesting and a lot of fun).

To the real recap: I went to the Book Blogger Conference the day before BEA really started. And it was a lot of fun, and I did meet some awesome bloggers, but I didn't go to anything that happened in the afternoon, I just went to the hotel and took a nap because the concept sounded interesting, but it didn't seem like they'd give me anything helpful. (I know my own writing style and I don't blog to make money, also, I was just plain exhausted).

And then Tuesday rolled around and I was waiting in line with a bunch of other people and we were all chatting and everything about everything and anything, mostly books. I truly don't remember a lot of the conversations I had with people, I remember snippets, and I tried to make it a point to get everyone's card so I could go and check out their blog later, as if I'm not subscribed to enough already. I'm going to, hopefully, eventually get a video up of the books I got, but at the bottom will be some of the ones I'm most looking forward to.

Wednesday and Thursday were just as much fun and I went to more signing and tried to not pick up as many books, because while I was reading the back of the book to make sure I liked it, I ended up with a lot. And I was with my mom, who was also picking up books, so we ended up with a lot and I'm hoping to have a giveaway up soon.

The signings I went to and the authors I met were definitely a highlight of the event. I love being able to tell an author I love their work or their blog/videos or maybe just their outfit. And I got to meet Suzanne Lazear, whose book looks amazing and I've been talking to on Twitter for quite a few months now, and I got to see Leanna Renee Hieber who I met probably a year ago about in New Hampshire and who I consider a friend. You should check both of these authors out, if you haven't.

My overall thoughts on the whole week were that it was an amazing experience and that I almost broke my arms carrying books (books are heavy, people, lift with your legs). And that while I didn't go to the Teen Author Carnival or any other outside activities, except one, there were a lot because there were a lot of authors in town and it was just amazing. If you have the chance to go, I'd really suggest it.

And I know this is a little late, considering that BEA was over two weeks ago, but it's been a bit hectic here. The least of it being my birthday this last Friday (22nd) and my mom's birthday today (24th), but I'll hopefully be getting back to blogging on a regular schedule very soon. (I have two more big trips this summer. One coming up this week and the other the beginning of August. VidCon and Leakycon are my favorite parts of the summer!

Books I got (and can't wait to read):

The Twisted Tragedy of Natalie Stewart by Leanna Renee Hieber, And this is the second book in her Magic Most Foul series and if you haven't read the first one, you definitely should. It's been described as The Picture of Dorian Grey meets Pride and Prejudice with a splash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde. 


Innocent Darkness by Suzzane Lazear which is a steampunk faerie tale. Let me say that again, steampunk faerie tale. I can't wait to finally be able to just read this one! And then there is The Iron Wyrm Affair by Lilith Saintcrow which is also steampunk and it just looks amazing.

I'm also looking forward to The Diviners, Carnival of Souls, The Blessed, Magisterium, Throne of Glass, Origin, Crewel, Falling Kingdoms, and so many more. (All of these sound amazing for one reason or another and I wish that I could just read 24/7 all summer).

No comments:

Post a Comment