Thursday, January 3, 2013

December Wrap-Up (2012)

And it's the end of the year! I don't even know what to say, this year went by so fast and I'm not ready for it to end at all. Anyway, though, here we go for my December Wrap-Up.

World War Z by Max Brooks (5/5)
I posted a review of this early in the month which you can find here. Review in a sentence: I really, really loved this one.

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid #1) by Richelle Meade (5/5)
For a bookclub on the Goodreas and surprisingly really, really enjoyed this one.

Jack the Ripper: Hell Blade, Vol. 1 (2/5)
We're pretending this never happened, why did I read this. I kind of love Jack the Ripper stuff (Maureen's book coming out last year was just like me squealing), but this was just - weird. Very, very - just no.

How They Met, and other stories by David Levithan (5/5)
I always love David's books so I wasn't surprised at all when I was reading this one and found myself feeling the same why. I always end up getting all teared up, though, but they're just so very good.

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (5/5)
This took me too long to read, but it was like I had to soak up what I'd read and kind of let it sit. It was so very good, though.

Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels #1) by Anne Bishop (4/5)
Really good, I've been 'currently-reading' this book for months and finally just sat down and finished it.

Working for the Devil (Dante Valentine #1) by Lilith Saintcrow (4/5)
I liked this one, but there was something that just stopped me from giving it the full 5, I felt like there was something off about it. To me, at least.

Ender's Game (Ender's Saga #1) by Orson Scott Card (5/5)
This book took me a very, very long time to read, but it was worth it. There was something about it that I couldn't read too much at a time until I just sat down and finished it.

Night Shift (Jill Kismet #1) by Lilith Saintcrow (5/5)
This book was really good. I don't know why I liked it more then the other Lilith Saintcrow book, but for some reason I did.

I also read two others that were short and really not worth mentioning. I finished my 100 book challenge by the skin of my teeth, but at least I finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment