Thursday, December 13, 2012

Audio Review: Dead Air

Doctor Who: Dead Air
Title: Dead Air
Author: James Goss
Narrator: David Tennant
Genre: SciFi/Fantasy, Adventure, TV tie-in
Rating:5/5
Favorite Character: Probably, besides the Doctor, it would have to be Layla. I mean, the whole radio crew is fantastic, but I think Layla is my favorite
Publication Date: May 11th, 2010

Plot Synopsis: (from Goodreads)
At the bottom of the sea, in the wreck of a floating radio station, a lost recording has been discovered. After careful restoration, it is played for the first time to reveal something incredible. It is the voice of the Doctor, broadcasting from Radio Bravo in 1966. He has travelled to Earth in search of the Hush a terrible weapon that kills, silences and devours anything that makes noise

Review:
I really liked this Doctor Who audiobook. I've been listening to a lot of them and none of them really stuck with me, this one, though, for some reason did. Maybe because it's just done really well. It's a great use of having David Tennant narrate it since it's suppose to be a lost recording found and it's suppose to be the (10th) Doctor speaking to us anyway, I just thought it was a nice touch.

Also, I really liked the story and something I didn't see coming and it really did surprise me and I love when something surprises me. I also felt that the Doctor didn't fall out of characters, sometimes with books based on TV shows it can feel like the character isn't themselves or that they don't feel right for whatever reason (one of my problems with many of the audiobooks I've listen to).

No comments:

Post a Comment