Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WWW Wednesday (14)

WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. She asks that you answer three questions:



  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?



So this is what i've been reading recently. I've been reading quite a bit, but haven't had enough to say about any of them to write up a full review, except on one or two. Maybe.

Currently-Read:
Making my way through a couple. I started Caroll's Through the Looking Glass, but I'm not sure when I'll finish it. It's a bit too crazy to be taken in large doses. Also making my way through Aesop's Fable's, which I'm really enjoying.

And, finally - besides the two series I'm going through - Ready Player One. This book is fantastic so far, and the only reason I haven't continued it is because I really don't want to finish it because it's so good. And I can think about it for days, but I do want to finish it soon.

Read:
Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton (4/5)
This one was pretty good, too. All of these books are just fun to read and completely insane. I don't want to say anymore since this is the third book so...

The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton (5/5)
For some reason I just wanted to rate this one higher, I can't figure out what made me like it better, though.

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia #2) by C.S. Lewis
I'm not really sure how I feel about this series so far, at all. So I'm just going to leave it at that.

Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton (5/5)
I think this might be my favorite one so far. No idea why, but - it just had something.

Rapture in Death (In Death #4) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
These books are kind of like watching Law and Order episodes except they're about ten times better then most of those episodes and I can still tell you how they ended ten minutes later.

The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton (4/5)
Pretty good. I always miss the characters that aren't in the currently ones, though... And scolding the characters is never really a good sign.

Ceremony in Death (In Death #5) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
This one was interesting. Still good, and there were a couple scenes with Peabody when I was laughing my ass off, I love their friendly teasing and banter, it's perfect.

Vengeance in Death (In Death #6) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
I liked it, a lot. Ireland is one of my favorite places and I've been a few times, family reunions and such. It's gorgeous and it was fun to see it from Eve's point of view.

Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman (5/5)
This was fantastic. I adored all the stories and poems. I really want to do a full review of this one and point out my favorites.

Holiday in Death (In Death #7) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
Ah, the holidays. Full of murder and cheer, as they should be.

Conspiracy in Death (In Death #8) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
This was was really good, too. These books are like Law and Order episodes but about 150% better, with better characters. (The characters are my favorite part of this series, it's why I can't seem to stop reading them).

To Read:
Well, I'm planning on continuing the In Death and the Anita Blake series, hopefully reading as many in them as I can (I've heard not so good things about the Anita Blake books after Obsidian Butterfly, but that the newest one is picking back up in quality. Any opinions?)

No comments:

Post a Comment