Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11th | Weekly Wrap Up #19

It was a little bit of a weird reading week for me, I guess. I wasn't really that in the mood for reading, but I did get bits and pieces done - and then some marathoning of comics (as you do, apparently. Or when I do it, it's because you've just bought Marvel Unlimited  and end up just reading three volumes worth of Brubaker's Cap run in pretty much one go).

I didn't get much reading done, or much of just anything done - my mom and I are trying to find a place to live because we will probably be moving this summer. And so it's been a tad, as in very, stressful and I still don't feel like I'm back in the grove of everything.

We also have some stuff next week to do with that, so I'm hoping I'll still be able to read a ton for the Bout of Books read-a-thon.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Captain America: Winter Soldier, Vol 1 by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting (4/5)
I know the differences going in, I knew what to expect (mostly, I'd forgotten white Fury, I did not know who he was at first). Obviously, I'd seen the movies first, so I'm kind of more attached to that backstory, but I really enjoyed this one. (I think fan fiction has prepared me well for just multiple universes and such).

Captain America: Winter Soldier, Vol 2 by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting, (5/5)
I liked this, I really did. Not going to say too much, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what these comics are about right?

Captain America, Red Menace, Vol 1 by Ed Brukbaker, Steve Epting (4/5)
This was the first thing I read that really had Crossbones in it, which was very interesting, - the whole thing was really interesting and very strange, but I did really enjoy it.

Southern Reach trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer (4/5)
I enjoyed book one - it was interesting, answered no questions and was just strange and weird and I wanted more. Book two - eh. Book three I loved, adored even. It felt rich and weird and interesting, and the characters felt so real. Don't want to say anything else.

Stuff:
So it was Audrey Hepburn's birthday this past week and one blog I follow had some fun facts!

Five Quirky Books to Make You Feel Normal

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment