Monday, September 11, 2017

August 2017 | Monthly Wrap Up

This is a little late because I was in London/Dublin for the last week of August, and first few days of September. Which I'm planning on making a post about but I just love both of those cities possibly an unhealthy amount, and am already planning my next tattoo (one I got in Dublin). (Another reason why this wasn't up right away, hard to type when you've got a tattoo healing on your wrist).

This month I went on a bit of a NetGalley spree - I've had my account for a while but haven't used it until now - so a good handful of things I read aren't out yet. But I have reviews up here, or on goodreads (and they will be up here).

Books:
  • Deceptive (Illusive #1) by Emily Lloyd-Jones (3/5)
  • Lumberjanes: UNICORN POWER! by Mariko Tamaki (3.5/5) (full review this week!!)
  • Takeover (#1) by Anna Zabo (4.5/5) (review)
  • Just Business (#2) by Anna Zabo (4/5)
  • Edgedancer by Brandon Sanderson (4.5/5)
  • The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su, Kate Rodick (4/5)
  • Grinder (Seattle Sharks #1) by Samantha Whiskey (3/5)
  • Enforcer (#2) by Samantha Whiskey (2/5)
  • The Dream-Quest of Vellitt Boe by Kij Johnston (3/5)
  • Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison (4/5)
Graphic novels/comics:
  • If My Dogs Were a Pair of Middle Aged Men by Matthew Inman (3/5) (goodreads review)
  • The Little Red Wolf by Amelie Flechais (4/5) (goodreads review)
  • Lady Stuff by Loryn Brantz (4/5) (goodreads review)
  • The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill (5/5) (review)
  • What Does Consent Really Mean? by Pete Wallis, Joseph Wilkins (4/5) (goodreads review - will be up on blog soon)
It was a weird, but good, reading month. I really only read for about 3/4 of the weeks of August. It was good reading month, though, I feel like. I got through a good amount of review things - which, hopefully, I can do again this month because I'm behind. 

All the romance/erotica I read - which I didn't realize I'd read four in a short period of time - was probably because of travel stress, and all was fun. The Anna Zabo was even really good? (Got annoyed at Samantha Whiskey's second book, so annoyed).

I am mildly obsessed with The Tea Dragon Society - which I got through NetGalley but because I recognized the authors name, liked her previous graphic novel. I already preordered the physical book and I kind of want more set in this world? Listen, adorable tea dragons is something I am all about. 

Down the Rabbit Hole was something I was sure about - I picked it up on audio on a recommendation - and it was... a lot of fun? I'm not sure if that's the right words, but it was just so interesting to me because it feels so ridiculous? Just because, obviously, my life is nothing like this and I just really enjoyed it. It was pretty well written, it was fun, highly recommend checking this out if you enjoy memoirs about people leading such insanely different lives (unless you are also a former reality TV star).

Overall, good/fun reading month. And crazy, fun times traveling. Let me know what you read this month, especially if you've got any feelings about what I read, and just generally how your month went!

Happy reading!

On the Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment