Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Wrap-Up

Happy May! Spring is here and... the rain, oh well, sun will soon be around, too. And summer! Which means conventions and seeing friends I haven't seen in much, MUCH too long. (Also, BEA is so close, I can smell it. It kind of has that book smell...)

Anywho. These are the books I was able to get through in April, though, I can never seem to be caught up with my goal of 100 books, but I'm slowly getting over that. Anyway, if there's a review already posted, it will be linked in the 'mini-review' that is there, which is basically just if I liked it or not.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (5/5)
I really enjoyed this book, it's about two teenagers who meet on a plane and how they fall in love over 24 hours. It's just, ugh, it's perfect. Full review can be found here.

The Lost Years (Merlin #1) by T.A. Barron (4/5)
This is about the early years of the well known wizard, Merlin, from the myths of King Arthur. It's just, oh, it's so good. I don't know what I liked so much about this book and some parts I was a little iffy on, but overall it's a really cute book. Full review can be found here.

The Lightning Thief: Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan (4/5)
I loved the whole Percy Jackson series and seeing The Lightning Thief in graphic novel form made me really excited and I can't wait to see the rest of the books in graphic novel form. Full review can be found here.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman (5/5)
I still don't really know what to say about this book, I wrote a really long review of it here. But still my main thought, if it can be called a thought on this book is: uuggghhh. Perfection. SO GOOD. And that's not very helpful, well, I mean, it was really, really, really good...

The Colorado Kid by Stephen King (5/5)
I really loved this mystery book and if you've read it, you know why. (It's the reason so many people as so frustrated when they finish reading it, it's my favorite part). And I haven't posted a full review of it and I don't think I'm going to just because it's so short and I don't want to give any of it away. It's not horror, it's mystery, so non horror fans should check it out!

Storm Front by Jim Butcher (4/5)
First book in the Dresden Files series and it was amazing. I love this world and these characters so much, I'm glad there are a lot more books for me to read! Full review should be coming soon-ish, if I can figure out why I liked it so much.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (5/5)
I love these stories, I read Study in Scarlet and The Sign of the Four in January, I think they were like the two first books I read this year, and I loved them. I've been wanting to read them for such a long time and I'm finally getting around to it and not regretting it at all. I'm trying to spread them out because I know I can reread them, but this is the first time I'm reading them and it feels so special!

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (5/5)
I have even less coherent thoughts on this on at the moment. When my mom would interrupt me while i was reading this, or anyone, I would just go "assassin nuns!" and then go back to reading. Especially if I was at a stressful or dramatic scene. But, really, this book is about so much more then that (but, come on, that's an amazing tag line. Assassin nuns). Anyway, I also really loved this book. It was just so good and had so much depth and I love how strong these characters were, believable, and lovable also.

I'm currently 2 books behind in my book challenge. I hope to soon be caught up again and, if I can manage it, maybe a ahead for a little while. I have lots of books I want to read, am currently reading, or are coming out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment