Friday, June 1, 2012

May Wrap-Up

So it's that time again, where I list all of the books I've read this month and tell you what I thought of them and what I rated them out of 5 stars. I read quite a few books this month, I participated in the Bout-of-Books read-a-thon which may have something to do with it, and you can check out my post about that here.

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass (5/5)
I loved this book, it was such a different dystopian book then normal, and I just really enjoyed it. You can see my full review here.

The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars #1)by Frank Beddor (4/5)
This is a book based on The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll which I haven't actually finished. It was really good, though, it's such a different and amazing take on the story and I loved it. It was really good and I'd recommend it.

The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles #2) by Rick Riordan (4/5)
This is the second book in the Kan Chronicles series which is an amazing series and this book is even better then the first, I loved it. I really adore the two main characters, Carter and Sadie, and I'd recommend this series.

Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher (4/5)
I am loving this series so far. I just really enjoy Jim Butcher's writing style and how he describes everything, like the magic, for example, is just so realistic. Before I just start gushing about this series, I reviewed the first book, Storm Front, and that can be found here.

The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima (5/5)
This book was amazing. I still can't form any eloquent thoughts about this book yet it's just all flailing and fangirling. I was craving some high fantasy and I'd recently heard how amazing this book is and it definitely was.

The Walking Dead: Book One by Robert Kirkman (4/5)
I didn't expect to like this as much as I did. I'd started the TV show but didn't really feel anything about it, really. I mean, it was good, but some of it made no sense. (Like handcuffing a guy to a roof. What the hell was that about?) However, I really enjoyed this and the plots and zombies were interesting.

The Gunslinger (Gunslinger #1) by Stephen King (5/5)
I've, of course, heard a lot of good things about this series and being a Stephen King fan, it was crazy I hadn't read it yet. And I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would, it was just so different and amazing. I have even less eloquent things to say about this one, it was just amazing.

Fruits Basket, V.1 by Natsuki Takaya (5/5)
I've read this series before, but not all the way through in a while, so I started to again and I forgot how good it was. I mean, it's cheesy and silly at times, but I adore it.

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (5/5)
This book was perfection, no really, I've never read anything like this and it was just so interesting. I've never read any of Terry Pratchett's work - yet, I plan too - so I wasn't sure what to expect really, but I loved it to pieces. The writing was fantastic and the characters were great.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide #1) by Douglas Adams (5/5)
I just, this was, I mean. Okay, let's try that again. This book makes absolutely no sense, really. I mean, it kind of does, but regardless I really enjoyed it.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide #2) by Douglas Adams (5/5)
And this one was equally as good, I've become very attached to these characters and I just love everything about this series, I'm really excited to continue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment