Monday, May 21, 2012

Book Review: Storm Front

Title: Storm Front (Dresden Files #1)
Author: Jim Butcher
Genre: SciFi/Fantasy
Page Count: 352 (Mass Market Paperback)
Favorite Character: I just really like Dresden, normally I try to not pick the main character but I like his snarky sarcasm and his gentlemanlyness.

Plot: (From Goodreads)

The novels of the Dresden Files have become synonymous with action-packed urban fantasy and non-stop fun. Storm Front is Jim Butcher's first novel and introduces his most famous and popular character-Harry Dresden, wizard for hire.

For his first case, Harry is called in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with the blackest of magic. At first, the less-than-solvent Harry's eyes light up with dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage. Now, that black mage knows Harry's name. And things are about to get very...interesting.


Review:
This is a very well written magic book, I've read some where the magic just isn't right, mostly where it's not explained well enough for it to be believable. That is definitely not a problem in Storm Front. The magic is described wonderfully and makes it seem real and true. And the characters are all just amazing, really. Dresden and Murphy and Bob are probably my favorite.

And the plot is just so intricate and it keeps you guessing, which is hard to do with me, books don't surprise me too often. The point is, is that this book is really good and if you like a SciFi/Fantasy book with wizards and some other paranormal creatures involved, then you should pick this one up.

This whole series is, apparently, really good. I read the first two years ago and am reading them now because I didn't remember a thing that had happened, just that I'd liked it. They don't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment