Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 2014 TBR

I normally end up not sticking completely to these, though I did last month if you don't count the random books I listed at the end.

I finished both Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade and A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Quin. Which were two of the books that were on my main, knew/had to read list. I didn't end up finishing House of Leaves, but I'm really enjoying taking it so slow that I'm not upset about it. It's so good and it might take me a while to finish, but I'm adoring it so far. (There's also an article I ran across, called: How Not To Read House of Leaves. Which I thought was a really cool and interesting little thing, if you're thinking of giving the book a shot, but it scared you). Now - onto the actual TBR for the month of March.

There's books I'm currently reading, like House of Leaves. I'm hoping to finish them in March, probably not HoL just because whew. So I actually have a pretty good idea of what I could be reading this month.

A Way of Kings: Part One by Brandon Sanderson
The reason I'm reading the parts version of this book, well, there's various reason. One: have you tried to hold that whole thing? Jesus, I don't recommend it. Two: Less daunting/scary. Three: Pretty. Covers. All the UK covers are gorgeous for Sanderson's books while all the US ones are the normal weird as hell high fantasy covers. Anyway - I'm currently-reading this one and am about 25% into it and completely loving it so far, it's so interesting, but also one I'm taking slow.

Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Meade
Just - cause, I want to continue this series. It's - light but interesting, I fly through this books. I might end up picking up the rest through the month, breaks and filler between the ridiculous amount of books that I'm taking slowly.

Princesses Behaving Badly by Linda Rodriguez McRobbie
I'm loving this book so far, currently-reading, and am about 35% through, and hoping to finish it this month. Not as fast moving as others, but it's also definitely not dry as far as history goes (and I'm a sucker for history, anyway).

Paradox by Jim Al-Khalili
This is a non-fiction book about paradoxes in physics by a quantum physicist. I'm not very far into this, almost 40 pages, but am currently really loving it. It's very interesting and extremely easy to understand, and I really like the guys matter of fact voice.

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
This is for the BookTuber Reading Buddies book club. I haven't started it yet, but I've been meaning to read it for years at this point, and I know that I'm going to completely adore it. They're also reading the first Mistborn series, but I am already reading a Sanderson book. I have Mistborn and I want to read it so badly (definitely check out that link and the group, though! Cool people there).

And besides that, I'm not really sure yet. Like I said, I might pick up more of the Vampire Academy series besides the slow cookers. Otherwise, I'm surrounded by good books I've been dying to read, so I'l probably just pick up whatever strikes my mood, which is why I read so many books at one time.

What are you planning on reading for the month of March? What did you read in the month of February? (Link me your blog/channels, love to find new ones!) And I hope you had a great February and that March will be fantastic (Anyone going to PlaylistLive by any chance?)

No comments:

Post a Comment