Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2nd | Weekly Wrap Up #7

Technically the first week of February, but really just the last week of January. I can't believe it's already a month into the New Year, even though it felt like a long month. Let's get into it right away so I don't make this post any longer.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Saint City Sinners (Dante Valentine #5) by Lilith Saintcrow (3/5)
I'm determine to finish this series, I need to know how it ends. And I enjoy these books I read them, but as they go on - I get more annoyed with the characters, less caring about the plot. Though, some of the deaths so far have hit me hard (this book in particular). No spoilers, though. And I am enjoying this series, this is second to last of it, and then onto her Jill Kismet series, which I'm really excited for.

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1) by Melissa Marr (5/5)
A reread of an old faerie favorite. I hadn't thought I missed this series, this world, these characters - but I definitely do. (Goodreads mini-review). If you like faeries, darker but also young adult, a great series.

To Hell and Back (Dante Valentine #5) by Lilith Saintcrow (4/5)
And... I don't know what I expected from this series finale, but I was surprised at how much I needed to know what the hell was going to happen.

Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (5/5)
Holly Black's writing is just phenomenal, I really love it, and as I read more of her books she's becoming one of my favorites. My goodreads review (short, sweet, written right after I finished it), says about the same thing and talks about how I'd want to see this book as a 'webseries' type thing.

Currently reading a surprising number of things - I think I'll be taking my time on both Spook and A Tale of Two Cities, just because they're both that type of slower reads (for different reasons). And No Matter the Wreckage by Sarah Kay - a collection of her poetry, a post about that kind of thing should go up soon.

What I've Been Watching:
Can't Put It Down, Have to Put It Down - I really liked this video, because I have this problem a lot with certain books and I need to just accept it. Mostly non-fiction, but also just heavier topics or more complex writing.

How Orwell Wants Us To Write - this was a little confusing, and reenforced the thing that I need to seriously read some Orwell, but it was super interesting (and not confusing as soon as I found my feet).

Thoughts From the Edge - Ah, Hank Green. Sometimes, most of the time, I think Hank is my favorite Green brother. This video enforced that a bit (don't look at me like that, I adore John and his books, of course, but Hank can do all the things, guys, that's a skill I am in awe of).

Hello! (Wake Up Date #8) - Ah, Lauren. Lauren is great, this is one of her most recents and I love these little "wake up date" videos that she does.

My Writing Process - Datev is a person I found through Alli Speed and such, and this video kind of does pretty much explain how writing things works. (Stop trying and it'll come?)

The Pubert Situation - this is an Achievement Hunter / RoosterTeeth... thing. It's just little 'animated adventures' of some silly things that occur. I always laugh when I hear this audio. So - if you're looking for a silly laugh (also Addam's Family related title).

Have I mentioned Agent Carter here yet? Because HOLY AGENT CARTER, it's so very good so far. You really need to watch it, just give it a try. I bought a season pass on iTunes because of reasons. Also, I'm only like three episodes into the show The Librarians, but I'm really liking it so far.

Blog Posts I've Liked(seriously no order):
Fresh Batch (New Releases February 1st - 7th) - I might really like these kinds of things too much, I find it so interesting what's coming out. I guess it'd incredible I don't preorder, or buy, more new releases then I do.

Quick Thoughts: Poison Study - I've had this book on my TBR pile for years, at this point. And I've only ever heard vague reviews about it (I've sure others have passed through subscription feeds just unseen for one reason or another), but this made me actually think I might get to this one soon (not February, though, that month is chock full already).

Am I Still A Blogger? - This was interesting to me, especially as someone whose trying and trying to comment more, when that just isn't something I've always done (and I feel awful for). It's an anxiety thing for me, personally. And this post just kind of hit some things.

I got nominated for a thing! (Thank you!) And I did it! And nominated/tagged more people (Does anyone know why here it's 'nominated'? I think it stresses me out more then just saying 'tag').

Miscellaneous:
I've realized as I put the finishing touches on this post (as I do the post, stop lying to yourself, Casey) that I didn't post... anything this week. I'm not sure how that happened. I guess I forgot I didn't have anything scheduled. Do you do that? Apparently I do that now.

Anyway - it's been a strange week. I didn't read much, having to push myself at points through the last two Dante Valentine books. However - that's one series for the year done! Huzzah! Hopefully, I'll be putting up a series review, but we'll see how it works out.

Honestly, it's been kind of a weird week overall. It definitely proved to myself, though, that if I'm not just doing one thing after another, I'm not going to get anything done.

I don't think I'm going to post a separate TBR for February, though I do have an actual plan for the month where I normally don't, but maybe if it goes well I'll do a March one. So many plans and ideas and things to do, books to read, posts to write.

This week I've got a few things going up: January Wrap Up, a post about spoken word (and slam) poetry, a review, and then another discussion type post that is rambly and I wrote very late at night but I still wanted to put up because I think it makes sense and I like it.

So I will see you then. What did you read or discover this week? Have you read/seen anything I mentioned? Let me know!

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment