Monday, February 9, 2015

Love for Books Read-a-Thon | Kick-off

Today is the first day of the Love for Books read-a-thon, hosted by Novel Heartbeat. And runs from February 9th through the 15th. If you're interested, you can still sign up here (by the tenth to be eligible for the grand prize).

I don't have any real goals for this read-a-thon, since I've been in a kind of reading... slump? I don't really want to call it a slump, but I definitely having been reading a lot, at all, definitely not as much as I'd like to. And my TBR for February is ridiculous so I really need to get on it (I've already strayed off course).

However - I would like to finish at least something every day (novel, novella, short story, single issue comic - just something). And I have quite a few things I'm excited about reading or that I'd like to read this week. I'm going to give some examples, but it's definitely subject to change (could change 100%, it's never sure with me, honestly).

First, currently reading - I'd like to finish The Southern Reaches trilogy, which I've finished the first book of. And I'd also like to make some progress in Spook and A Tale of Two Cities, but those two I'm not going to try to finish since they're slower reads.

Other possibilites of things I might pick up:


  • Smoke and Mirrors OR Trigger Warnings by Neil Gaiman
  • Shadow's Edge and Beyond the Shadows by Brent Weeks (chunky, chunky fantasy, but I read book one during BoB 12 and these are two and three and I want to know what happens).
  • Kushiel's Dark (Phedre's Trilogy #1) by Jacqueline Carey (a reread, maybe a reread will help?)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (maybe I am ready. I finally might be ready. I've read the first two books twice so far, maybe I should move on)
  • Showa, A History of Japan: 1939-1944 by Shigeru Mizuki 
  • The Angel (Red Years Quartet #2) by Tiffany Reisz
  • others, more. So many books are stacked around me waiting to be read. Way too many.
Looking at the list, I don't really have any light reads - in size or in content, maybe I should find something to slip in there to kind of brighten the mood. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment