Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Comics | My Pull List (9/15)

I do have a local comic book shop and I am ashamed at how little I actually go to it. And there are actual reasons for it - it's tiny and slightly creepy from the outside because of it's location, but the people are super nice and such - but the main, slightly shameful reason, is because of two places: Midtown Comics and Amazon. I'm not that shamed about the MidtownComics part - where I get my pull list, which we'll get to in a minute - but I am kind of ashamed of the Amazon part. Either way - this post is about my pull list, not my Amazon shame.

So my pull list. When I get it changes depending on my reading mood - and what is actually actively coming out from said pull list - but currently I'm bi-weekly which means every two weeks in this case. It'd probably be better, and save on shipping, to just get it once a month but I like getting it bi-weekly so for now it's going to stay. (Cheapest shipping is a few dollars and since I'm not far from NY, it normally only takes 3 days).

I started this post a few months ago and it use to say here - it's not that long, pretty heavy on Image - and while the Image part stays true, I love a lot of what they do, the not that long part has completely gone out the window. I'm planning on writing up a post about single issues versus trades, but this is just all pull list. And, considering how long I just realized my pull list is, I'm not longer surprised I'm always a little behind (and am so far behind on some I could probably switch to trades easily).

We're going to go by publisher and I'm just going to list titles, no author/artist, just titles. First off, Dark Horse: Lady Killer (I was for the first trade so I can read it). And then DC, for right now the only one is Black Canary (which is so good).

And then there's Image and Marvel. We're going to start with Image and then, currently, my marvel stuff is secret was (obviously), so I guess I should do an update in a few months on this. Either way, Image: Autumnlands: Tooth and Claw, Birthright, Bitch Planet, Descender, Dying and the Dead, East of West, Empty Zone, Injection, Kaptara, Mythic, Nameless, Ody-C, Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl, RunLoveKill, Sex Criminals, Surface, The Wicked and the Divine, Wayward, Wolf, Wytches. 

Whew, Image is hefty for me. Marvel: Hawkeye/All-New Hawkeye, Secret Wars, Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos (haven't actually gotten to read this yet but I'm excited. And behind on all things secret wars, so behind), Planet Hulk (read it), Thors, Civil War.

I'm so glad I didn't bullet point those, because it looks about ten times longer that way. So obviously I have falling head first into comics, it's been over a year now since I started really getting into comics. And, on one hand, I'm really glad I did and I love them, but on the other hand - single issues everywhere, so behind.

So that is my pull list in all it's glory - if you read single issues, let me know what's on your list. Or if you're loving something that isn't on mine, I'm always up for recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment