Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21st | Weekly Wrap Up #23

A read-a-thon week, as next week will also be, but also this week I tried to get the rest of my books into my apartment (I was starting to get separation anxiety, my books, come to me!). And my mom got word that she'd be moving next week, so like pre-stress. Moving might be the most long lasting and stressful thing I've ever done, probably mostly because of how bad we are at it. (I'm kind of hoping to count how many books I own - read and unread - once everything is more settled, I have a feeling I'm going to have to do like sticky notes by few shelves so I don't look track).


Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
A Curious Tale of the In-Between (Pram #1) by Lauren DeStefano (4/5)
I was so strangely pleasantly surprised about this book - I started hearing good things because it'd come out and so I decided to jump and give it a shot. And I just really loved it - the whole feeling of it, the more serious things, the characters, the world. I really loved it and highly recommend it!

Lady Killer, Volume One by JoĆ«lle Jones, Jamie S. Rich (5/5)
I've been anticipating this for months, because I found out about this series about when issue three was coming out, and couldn't find issues one or two anywhere for the life of me. And I was not disappointed, even for the wait and the anticipating. This book is what it says it is and definitely delivers, but I'm kind of a sucker for assassins. Especially with normal lives.

The Marvels by Brian Selznick (5/5)
I don't even know what to say about this, I didn't know anything going into it - it was Selznick, I didn't really need to know anything. And I'm glad I went in like that, so I don't want to give too much away. Basically it was beautiful and breathtaking and heartbreathing. And so fucking good and I recommend going and reading it. Also, you might need tissues (not sure why this book gripped and yanked on me so far, probably just because it's been an emotional week. But damn, it was so good).

Injection #5 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (5/5)
I am just so into this series right now, it feels so fresh and original. Basically, I'm learning, that anything Warren Ellis writes is automatically a must read for me now.

Planet Hulk #5 by Sam Humphries (2/5)
I didn't expect it to go the way everyone was hoping - I was hoping, too, and it seemed pretty straight forward to go that way - and then it didn't feel like it ended? It was a strange tiny story arc where I don't feel any closer. However, I've learned I want a full thing of Steve and Bucky being Gladiators, that'd be cool.


Stuff:
Honestly, between getting the (almost) last of my books finally into my apartment and stress in general, and reading. I haven't been looking into too much on the internet. Mostly trying to catch up on Night Vale and listening to wrock.

Also been watching or rewatching Markiplier scream/play games. (Mostly Until Dawn and FnaF)

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment