Thursday, September 24, 2015

Tackle Your TBR | Updates (21st - 27th)

Week two of the Tackle Your TBR read-a-thon! The first few days of this week is in the are of there still being time to sign up. And who doesn't love a good read-a-thon?

I posted my updates for last week here and have been mostly having fun with it, even though there is quite a bit of reading I'd like to be getting done, life has kind of taken over. I'm going to have to try and switch gears and put writing first, and maybe be able to sleep later, that would help.

Updates

Monday
Yeah, I haven't read a thing yet this week, I've been busy and it's been hectic. And I just plain can't focus on reading. I'm hoping to at some point tomorrow, but I've been so damn anxious lately (books help with that, but not if I'm too anxious. If I'm too anxious I can't just sit and read, need to be at like a yellow, at least).

But what are you reading / how are you liking this read-a-thon? Not particpating? How's your week going? And, seriously, tell me what you're reading, I'm curious!

Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total # of books I've read: 3
Pages read: 53
Total # of pages: 1,308 
Time Spent Reading: 10 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 8 hours, 15 minutes
Books:
Captain America: White #1 by Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale (started and finished - 53 pages)

Notes:
So my mom started moving and, obviously, helping with that. Also, really cannot seem to focus on books right now? Too stressed or too anxious, or all the things.

Wednesday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total # of books I've read: 3
Pages read: 36
Total # of pages: 1,344 
Time Spent Reading: 30 mintutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 8 hours, 30 minutes
Books:
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (continued - 36 pages)

Notes:
They're only so many times I can read a few pages from The Things They Carried until I'm finished with it, right? It's so good, but I currently really cannot digest it in large bouts, just can't. Loving it, though. And look, I took half an hour to read yesterday! And I read something! (It's only been like a week since I had time to really read, probably less then, and I miss books)

Thursday & Friday
No reading done days, but have I mentioned the crocheting that has started? I'm still in the I suck at this phase, but it's very nice, kind of just mind/anxiety quieting. And it's always nice to make things. And warm things for coming winter months is fun.


Saturday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total # of books I've read: 4
Pages read: 75
Total # of pages: 1,419 
Time Spent Reading: 1 hour
Total Time Spent Reading: 9 hours, 45 minutes
Books:
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (finished - 75 pages)

Notes:
I crocheted two wristers/fingerless gloves and bought yarn to hopefully start blanket. And also finished a book! (And watched the livestream of the all pug production of Hamlet). So yesterday was pretty good and very full of things, I'm pretty pleased. Now to start the blanket and finish another book.

Sunday
Yeah so this week didn't go so well with reading, hope it went better for you - pretty sure it probably went better for everyone else since I finished one thing this week and it was pretty much just the last half of it (not counting the other one single issue I read). I did move a lot of things and organize and clean and crochet, though, so that's good.

1 comment:

  1. good job on getting 3 books read~!!

    I am running the Book Blog awards this year for the 2nd year in a row and wanted to let you know nominations are open until October 31st . There are 15 awards up for grabs this year. You may nominate your own blog or ask your readers to nominate you. Readers vote on November 15th.
    Please leave a comment on my blog or tweet me @emancipatedmimi or my co-host @QuratulainR to get the badge to add to your site. You may use it to encourage your readers to vote for your blog on Nov 15th. The awards are intended to be fun and exciting, and get your blog some exposure as well. Hope you will join =) I'm usually on Twitter so tweet me anytime with questions or comments =)
    Official Video Announcement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5OQtB0oQNs
    NOMINATE here: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kkntQ2xPpTaBcw-5OlDwUMMp1J11psxKS2Pvzi3TQ6k/viewform
    VOTE HERE on Nov 15: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uKrnRIt0X7x489A3N60BC4InisHZRR8TVVFQBiCF12E/viewform

    ReplyDelete