Saturday, July 22, 2017

#24in48 | Update Post

Obviously, this is where I'm going to be updating my progress during the forty eight hours of the 24in48 readathon. I like having a kind of easy place to do it all and have it all in one place. And, sure, I don't have to update on my blog considering I normally post on twitter, instagram, trying to remember litsy, but I really like doing it? it just doesn't feel right unless I'm updating my blog periodically with how much reading I got done.

For 24 hour readathons I usually do 4 hour chunks, but I don't have a set plan for when I'm updating for this readathon. Probably twice a day, maybe three if I get a lot of reading done. I'm probably going to spend most of one of the days listening to an audiobook to save my eyes because going to try and read a lot for the biannual bibliothon - which will have it's own update post!

Saturday - July 22nd
Time updating: 10:30am
Books:
Adaptation (#1) by Malinda Lo (finished -  )
Dog Songs by Mary Oliver (started and finished - 121 pages)
Kill or Be Killed, Volume 1 by Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips (started and finished - 128 pages)
Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher (started and finished - 226 pages)

# of pages read: 639
# books read: 4
time spent reading: 3 hours, 29 minutes

Notes:
I loved Adaptation - no idea what it was about it, probably just right book, perfect time. I'd recommend checking it out, though, definitely enjoy Malinda Lo. Dog Songs was really good - and how couldn't I like a poetry collection completely about dogs? Kill or Be Killed was super interesting and kinda weird. Postcards from the Edge was something I didn't fully understand, but I enjoyed listening to her read it.

This updates kind of just for me, since I know people don't really read them - which is understandable, considering it is READING TIME. But if you are reading - let me know what you're currently reading / how the readathon is going for you.

Time updating: 7:30pm
Books:
Dimension W, Volume 1 by Yuji Iwahara (started and finished - 208)
Dimension W, Volume 2 by Yuji Iwahara (started and finished - 192 pages)
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuirre (started and finished - 169 pages)
The Gunslinger (Dar Tower #1) by Stephen King (started - 120 pages)

# of pages read: 520
total # of pages: 1,328
# books read: 3
total # of books: 7  
total time spent reading: 7 hours, 53 minutes

Notes:
I forgot how good Dimension W is - have read volume 1 before, after watching the whole first season of the show, but that was a while ago so didn't remember much. Reading The Gunslinger for the third time - mix of audio and physical - and I'm determined this time to move onto the rest of the series.

Every Heart a Doorway was so fucking good? I loved it way more then I expected to - I've been seeing the hype since it came out, I just didn't expect to love it so much? I like portal fantasy, but I don't love it over anything else. Definitely recommend checking this one out.

end of day total books: 7
page count: 1,328
time: 7 hours, 53 minutes

Sunday - July 23rd
Time updating: 10:00pm
Books:
Hold Your Own by Kate Tempest (started and finished - 108 pages)
Dimension W, Volume 3 Yuji Iwahara (started and finished - 208)
Dimension W, Volume 4 Yuji Iwahara (started and finished - 208)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Screenplay by J.K. Rowling (started and finished - 293 pages)
The Gauntlet by Karuan Riazi (started and finished - 294 pages)
The Gunslinger by Stephen King (continued - 20 pages)

# of pages read: 1,131
# books read: 5
time spend reading: 5 hours, 8 minutes

Notes:
I am very tired and loopy, even though I got enough sleep. My brain is so full of stories now with everything I read in the last two days. Loved both Dimension W volumes, and The Gauntlet. Enjoying The Gunslinger but didn't want to try and rush through to finish it, I could of it isn't a long book, but want to try and remember and move on with the series.

I think my one downfall with this readathon is I seem to only be able to read so much before my brain is like: no, cannot do this.

I had a fantastic time, as always, if you participated link me to your wrap up/update! As always, cannot wait for the next one.

Happy Readathoning!

total # of pages: 2,459
total # of books: 12
total time spent reading: 13 hours, 1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment