Sunday, July 23, 2017

Biannual Bibliothon + BookTubeAThon | Update Post

My update post for both of these readathons! I don't know how much I'm going to focus on getting the challenges done, probably not too hard. There's a few I'll just get to no matter what: finish a book in a day, LGBTQIA+ book, throwback: graphic novel. For everything else, I have no idea, and am trying not to stress about it because I don't actually really need to do the challenges, but for some reason I feel like I do? (Ah, anxiety).

Anyway - I'll be updating daily. And I'll definitely add if any of the books match the challenges in my updates. The dates don't match up completely, they're one day off. So this is what the dates look like for the three readathons in one week (three, Casey? WTF? Yes - 24in48 the weekend before/you'll see):

  • 24in48 - July 22nd + 23rd
  • Biannual Bibliothon - July 23rd - 29th
  • BookTubeAThon - July 24th - July 30th

So, basically from the 22nd - thee 30th, my life is a readathon. Also, I'm going to start my period like the weekend of the 24in48 so I'm not going to want to do anything, anyway, because of excruciating pain. (which is why audiobooks) And if you're like - ew, TMI - then I cannot help you, because I've been having this happen to be about every month for 10+ years and have no sympathy for you.

Oh, also! Almost forgot. The Bibliothon has prompts for blog posts every day (I believe) tags/discussion posts/to post a review - and so far I'm writing a post for all of them, 4/7, so I'll probably post those in the notes here of the day they go up I guess? If you're doing them, let me know. And if you're updating on your blog - or social media - let me know!


Sunday, July 23rd (start of bibliothon!)
Books:
Hold Your Own by Kate Tempest (started and finished - 108 pages)
Dimension W, Volume 3 Yuji Iwahara (started and finished - 208)
Dimension W, Volume 4 Yuji Iwahara (started and finished - 208)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Screenplay by J.K. Rowling (started and finished - 293 pages)
The Gauntlet by Karuan Riazi (started and finished - 294 pages)
The Gunslinger by Stephen King (continued - 20 pages)

# of pages read: 1,131
# books read: 5
time spend reading: 5 hours, 8 minutes

Notes:
It was the 2nd day of the 24in48 readathon, so not every day will look like this at all, though starting the week of readathons with this made me feel super inspired to read more this week? Which is great because, while I've been reading, I haven't been reading a lot.

If you want my general thoughts, you can check out my #24in48 update post.

Monday, July 24th (start of booktubeathon!)
Books:
Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward #2) by Seanan McGuire (started and finished - 187 pages)
Exit, Pursued by Bear by E.K. Johnston (started and finished - 242 pages)

# of pages read: 429
total # of pages: 1,560
# books read: 2
total # of books:
time spend reading: 3 hours, 32 minutes
total time spent reading: 8 hours, 40 minutes

Notes:
I didn't expect to have a great reading day after the 24in48, but really the 24in48 just kind of reminded me why I love reading so much? Also how much I fell in love with Adaptation - right book, right time. Anyway - Down Among the Sticks and Bones was good and I now love Jack even damn more then I did before, but overall it didn't give me that same feeling as the first book did. Still a solid 4 stars, maybe 4.5. Highly recommend this series.

Exit, Pursued By Bear was just... heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time? Trigger warning for rape. I don't normally read books about rape because the word makes me nauseous, and normally the book thinks it's important to show you the rape - which, no, no it isn't. At least in my opinion. This book, though, was incredible. A solid 5 stars. I cried through most of it, to give you a full depth of how much I loved this book, and mostly from how much I loved her friendship/relationships? Not everyone, of course, was incredible but most people were. And I loved it a whole hell of a lot, best girl friendship I've ever damn read. Check this one out if you can.

Tuesday, July 25th
Notes:
Didn't read anything cause had a doctors appointment that went longer then expected, and then politics and just... it wasn't a good day for my mental health. I did get a book in the mail I'm really excited about, which is why I didn't really set a TBR.

Wednesday, July 26th
Books:


# of pages read: 
total # of pages: 
# books read: 
total # of books: 
time spend reading: 
total time spent reading: 



Notes:

Thursday, July 27th
Books:


# of pages read: 
total # of pages: 
# books read: 
total # of books: 
time spend reading: 
total time spent reading: 



Notes:

Friday, July 28th
Books:


# of pages read: 
total # of pages: 
# books read: 
total # of books: 
time spend reading: 
total time spent reading: 



Notes:

Saturday, July 29th (end of bibliothon!)
Books:


# of pages read: 
total # of pages: 
# books read: 
total # of books: 
time spend reading: 
total time spent reading: 



Notes:

Sunday, July 30th (end of booktubeathon!)
Books:


# of pages read: 
total # of pages: 
# books read: 
total # of books: 
time spend reading: 
total time spent reading: 



Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment