Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Review: The Near Witch


Book: The Near Witch
Author: Victoria Schwab
Genre: Paranormal, Mystery, Fantasy (YA)
Rating: 5/5
Page Count: 282
Favorite Character: Lexi, the main character, is probably my favorite. I really did like pretty much all of them, though.

Plot: (From Goodreads)
Sixteen-year-old Lexi, who lives on an enchanted moor at the edge of the village of Near, must solve the mystery when, the day after a mysterious boy appears in town, children start disappearing.

Review:
I loved this book. Especially because it was almost like the retelling of a fairy tale, but it was one the author had made up. Very good book, I read it in one sitting. It's also timeless, because they don't give a year. It could be happening right now, or it could of happened 100 years ago.

The characters were also just so well developed. It's not an extremely long book, but I feel like you got an amazing feel of all of these characters in this time.  I also loved the romance in this book, there wasn't a ton of it, but it was there and adorable.

I loved the writing, the characters, the story. This book was really beautiful, I think, is the best way to describe it. Everything just flows so well together and I loved it. I'd recommend this book to pretty much everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment