Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Review: The Son of Neptune


Book: The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus Book 2)
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Childrens
Rating: 5/5
Page Count:
Favorite Character:

Plot:
Percy doesn't remember any of his life before he woke up in the she-wolfs company, except the name of someone: Annabeth.
Frank is a klutz, but his grandmother said he's descended from heroes. He hopes his father will claim him soon, he hopes it's Apollo. He feels like an ox, because of how bulky he is, but he is allowed to share his deepest secret with his closest friend, Hazel.
Hazel should be dead, she died. But her brother thought she deserved a second chance. However, she doesn't think anyone will like her at all when they find out about her "gift."
Together can they finish the quest and try to save the camp?


Review:

This book blew me away. There might be spoilers for the first book in this series, The Lost Hero, so if you haven't read that you might not want to read this, but go read The Lost Hero. Go. Now. It's amazing. Anyway, I read this in pretty much one sitting, in one day. I was trying not to, trying to slow it down so I could savor it.

The characters in this book, I loved. Obviously, Percy I had already read about and was already extremely attached to, so it was surprisingly nice to, well, see him again. Even if he had no idea who he was at first. The other characters, though, the new ones I really enjoyed learning and getting to know them.

The writing in this book is as good as ever. I really enjoy Rick Riordan's writing style so I wasn't surprised that I liked it. So if you read the Percy Jackson series and read the first book in this series but you're unsure about this one for whatever reason: read it. It's amazing and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment