Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Banned Book Week: 2012 (Very short ramblings)

Banned book week started on the 30th of September and will run until the 6th of October. If you're looking for more information about how that works and what books are banned and such, you can go to this website. This post, is about the books that are banned.

I love banned books, really. I haven't read as many as I would of liked. I'm going on a bit of trip that is not that far from home (my mom has some classes shes taking, it involved jewlery stuff and fire), besides that I'm stuck in a hotel room for a week. So I decided that instead of doing ALL school work, all the time, I could also read a lot.

I packed some banned comic books, specifically a couple books from Sandman by Neil Gaiman that I hope to start this week. I haven't read any of them yet and I haven't read much about the series, besides the fact that I know that it's banned.

On the topic of other banned books, though. I did just recently read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was an amazing book, completely stunning, and I'd suggest that if you haven't read it yet, you definitely should check it out. There are more, of course, isn't there always? Looking for Alaska by John Green (I cried so damn hard, it's a great book).

This was just a short post, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that it's banned book week, though, I'm sure everyone has already posted or said something about it. Also, before November, I'm going to make a post about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month - 50k, 30 days) with everything: my goals, ideas, writing blog. Everything. (If you have anything you want me to include, feel free to leave a comment letting me know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment