Friday, October 26, 2012

Book Review: Solid

Book: Solid (Solid #1)
Author: Shelly Workinger
Genre: SciFi/Fantasy, Dystopian, Supernatural, Paranormal Romance
Rating: 4/5
Favorite Character: The main girl, Clio, is probably my favorite (even if I have never seen that spelling before. I do still find new ways people have decided to spell my name, though).

Plot: (From Goodreads)

Clio Kaid may be 17 and just beginning the last summer before her senior year, but her life is anything but typical.

She's just discovered she was genetically altered before birth and is now headed to a top-secret Army campus to explore the surprising results of the experiment.

Follow Clio and the other teens as they develop fantastic super-abilities, forge new friendships, and find love as they search for answers.


Review:
When I was first introduced to the idea of this book, I found myself immediately interested. Science interests me more that I care to admit, but DNA is one of my favorite things. This book is pretty short, but it has a lot going on. The characters were probably my favorite part of it.

Overall, I'd say it was good, maybe even really good. I liked the writing, it wasn't perfect, at times it felt a little... clunky, but I was able to look past that, it didn't pull me out of the story any. I didn't have many problems with the book overall.

And I found the story and characters interesting overall. I love trying to figure out something before the characters  it's a weakness. To wrap up this review before I get with the rambling, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes some YA SciFi/Fantasy with some mystery in it. If you've read Solid, what did you think of it?

The second book in this series is Settling; the third and final book is Sound which comes out the 1st of November.

Disclaimer: I did recieve a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment