Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014: Book Reviews (2)

And we have part two of my book reviews of 2014. I think this is a good thing for how many freaking books I read n January, but also probably a bad thing because it almost makes me not want to try and write full reviews. I have been writing down a small amount of my thoughts for every book, just as i finis them, kind of just for myself, but hopefully that'll help me write more reviews. I like writing reviews, they're just so hard.

Attack on Titan, Vol.  4-10 by Hajime Isayama (5/5)
I'm just going to say I love this, but I love this series so much. Manga or Anime, you should check it out at least a few episodes / volumes.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (3/5)
I liked it, I did, but maybe it was like overhyped or - I don't know. I just didn't really seem to love it as much as everyone else did. It was good, intriguing characters and they're all crazy, but maybe if I read it again, I'll like it more, I don't know, I didn't fall in love with it. (I'm sorry, don't kill me).

The Cosmic Puppets by Philip K. Dick (5/5)
This is like a little, awesome book. I don't even know if I could describe it, but the premise made me think that it sounded like a Twilight Zone episode and it's very much like that, except even better. I know, how can it be better then Twilight Zone? I don't know, it's just so good.

Wool Omnibus (Silo #1) by Hugh Howey (5/5)
I really want to write a full review on this one because I love it so much, even though the beginning is a little slow going, when it gets going, it just keeps going. Definitely can see why this series took off so much.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare (3/5)
This was a reread and I, surprisingly, remembered most of it. Surprisingly because I read this series in middle school, and I loved it in middle school (unsurprisingly) but now all I could focus on is the problems. Also when I first read this series, I had to wait for the third book, so this whole series like physically hurt from the end of book one on, really.

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare (4/5)
I only remembered this one vaguely, but it was better then I remembered. Mostly because I really just want to know more about Alec and Magnus' relationship because Magnus is hundreds of years old and Alec is so young and still in the closet. I need to know more.

Disney After Dark (Kingdom Keepers #1) by Ridley Pearson (4/5)
This is definitely the weakest book in the series, also a reread by the way, and I love this series. But, anyway, it's still awesome and kind of adorable, and like frolicking and almost being killed in Disney World at night, go read it.

The City of Ember (Book of Ember #1) by Jeanne DePrau (4/5)
This was surprisingly good. I've had this recommended to me before and I've owned it for a while now. It was interesting and I've got the second one, so I'll probably be reading soon. (Soon-ish, I have so many books oh my gosh). Anyway, it was good, recommended.

Pathfinder (Pathfinder #1) by Orson Scott Card (4/5)
I'm going to write a full review of this book because I have a surprising amount of thoughts about this. Some good, some bad, some a jumble of just confusion and 'huh.' So hopefully that'll be up soon.

Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore (4/5)
This was good, but I had some problems with it. Mostly minor, I really liked the main characters journey: literally and mentally. It wasn't quite instalove, but as soon as they met I kind of groaned internally, though, I did like that they beat each other up (that's only a slight spoiler, it happens pretty earlier). And Po is great, so I can understand people's love for this series. Completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment