Sunday, February 9, 2014

30 Day Challenge

I didn't make a starting post about this, because it felt like much too much stress on me. And I can be either really bad or really good with stress, and with something like this I knew I'd be really bad at it. The 30 day challenge was an idea on YouTube a couple months ago, you can check out the 'announcement' video here (her and a few others came up with this idea, which I obviously modified a little).

The 30 day challenge is the challenge to read thirty books in thirty days. Which sounds ridiculous and it definitely is, but over the last couple years, I've learned that I actually take very well to insane and/or overachieving goals.

I wrote that mini-intro at the beginning of the month and I definitely didn't read a book a day, but I did finish 30 books in 30 days. Some days I finished three books, some days none, but I did read the equivalent of 30 books in 30 days and that is what I wanted. I knew there'd be days I couldn't read or didn't want to read and - I've always wanted to give this a try so it was fun to run across that video over the summer and be like: I want to do that, but conventions, so maybe in the winter.

I like pushing myself to do insane goals for reading or writing, because if I'd pushed to read 30 books in 30 days and only read 20, it would of been like: so what? I still read 20 books in a month and that's ridiculous. Anyway, I'm rambling. I may be a tad excited I finished this many books. More so that I'm not burnt out, I want to read more, and I'm surrounded by books, and I kind of want to buy less books then I read, even.

Anyway, instead of listening all of the books here, I'm just going to link you to my January wrap-up (I kind of pretended January had 30 days in it, I didn't read on the 31st, anyway).

Do you think you'd ever attempt this challenge? Do you think you could do it if you had enough spare time to read? How exactly insane do you think I am? (Also: I think the read-a-thon this month totally worked in my favor and helped me get a ton of books read fast). Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment