Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Finds (2)

I really like this idea as a meme, which is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. It's, basically, books you've discovered during the week, whether you've just added them to the never ending "to-read" shelf or if you've actually bought them. And these are the books I've discovered the last few weeks that I wanted to mention, since I did my first Friday Finds.

The Falconer by Elizabeth May
This sounds really good, I saw it in someones video and on Goodreads this week, and it just sounds - interesting. Edinburgh, 1844 sounds like a fantastic place, and there are apparently faeries. And that's all I know and that it came out on the 6th, I think, but I have no idea when I'll get to it.

Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations #1-2) by Michael J.Sullivan
Apparently these books are only currently printed in these two book bind up - but anyway. They sounds really interesting and cool. It's high fantasy, it sounds like it'll have kick-ass characters, I'm interested, but no idea when I'll pick up a copy or read it.

Deadly Class, Vol. 1: Reagan Youth by Rick Remender, Weasley Craig, Lee Longbridge
I've been hearing about this one as the issues come out and people seem to be really liking it, but I like these versions of comics better - a hand full or so of the volumes together. It sounds fucking awesome, so I'm on board, I'll probably love it.

What In God's Name by Simon Rich
This is an apparently hilarious book and it's about heaven and angels and them possibly ending the world, it doesn't sound like God's really paying attention. Basically it sounds amazing.

Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
This is contemporary, and I very rarely read that genre, but it sounds really good. And it's got a bunch of hollywood/movie set stuff, apparently, and it's two girls, so it's different then just a run of the mill contemporary - and apparently everyone freaking loves it, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

There are a few others I've found these past few weeks, or rediscovered. I might have started using TheBookDepository again and I ended up buying a few books I'd forgotten that I'd wanted from there. (Also, resisting buying all the Penguin English Library editions, it's a hard battle, also the new bookmarks are gorgeous).

What did you find this week? Or what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment