Sunday, May 1, 2016

April 2016 | Monthly Wrap Up

Another month is over - how is it so many months into 2016 already? Where has the time gone? April was a really good month reading month, and a pretty good one overall (we'll get to that). First off, I participated in Genrethon and Dewey's 24 hours readathon, so ended up reading more then expected, but also was mostly reading more even outside of those read-a-thons (my posts about them will be below).

Books:
Disney At Dawn (Kingdom Keepers #2) by Ridley Pearson (3/5)
The Raven Boys (TRC #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
Disney in Shadow (Kingdom Keepers #3) by Ridley Pearson (3/5)
Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes by Scott Cawthon, Kira Breed-Wrisley (5/5)
The Type by Sarah Kay (5/5)
The Dream Thieves (TRC #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz (5/5)
The Confessions by Tiffany Reisz (5/5)
Legend by Marie Lu (3/5)
Captive Prince (CP Trilogy #1) by C.S. Pascat (4/5)
Brand New Ancients by Kate Tempest (4/5)
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (TRC #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)

Graphic Novels/Trades/Manga:
Dimension W, Volume 1 by Yuji Iwahara (5/5) (!)
Deadman Wonderland, Volume 1 by Jinsei Kataoka, Kazuma Kondou (4/5)
Deadman Wonderland, Volume 2 by Jinsei Kataoka, Kazuma Kondou (4/5)
Deadpool, Volume 2: Soul Hunter by Brian Posehn, Scott Coblish, + (4/5)
Suicide Squad, Volume 1 by Adam Glass, + (2/5)

First off - reread 1-3 of The Raven Cycle this month in preparation for The Raven King. Which I haven't even really started yet! For multiple reasons and then I ended up going to New York for the day (I was like I'll bring it on the train! And then I thought about the real possibility of crying in public and noped out of that). I love the series so damn much, it's so good. I'm going to start it after I finish writing this, hopefully not finish because I want to take it slow (also I need sleep).

Besides that, I also read a good amount of other things. Mostly good things, even. I picked up This is How You Lose Her on a whim, and started reading it almost immediately - I knew the author but wanted one of his lesser known works, and it'd been forever since I'd done that. Just bought something and started reading it.

Rereading the Kingdom Keepers books has been interesting, and I think I'm kind of taking a break from it, but interesting. And Legend was fine but I guess I wanted more then what I knew was going to happen, if that makes sense.

And I knew I was going to like the Five Nights at Freddy's book because I'm a sucker for those games, but I didn't expect to be scared of it. Possibly, terrified. I probably should of been because of my fear of animatronics - which is why the games scare me, and why I like them. Ah, horror.

And in that same vein, but a totally different not - Captive Prince. I knew I'd like it because, from what I could pick up from people talking about it (and tumblr, mostly tumblr), it seemed very fan fiction-y. And I've talked on here briefly about reading fan fiction, and I could see people not liking it as it got more popular. It did feel like a fan fiction - for what characters, no idea, but it did - and that's not a bad thing. A lot of the fic I read can be seriously well written - Not Easily Conquered is the first thing that comes to mind but a lot of what I read is just good writing. (And fluff - happy fluff).

I think that's all I've got to say about the books - besides the books I ended up taking a day trip to New York on a whim to basically visit a friend for a few hours. Also to see a workshop, seems like th right term, of the in the works Percy Jackson musical - which I was pleasantly surprised about. My friend Jenn filmed out thoughts, so when that's up I'll link it here (and probably tweet it).

Six hours in New York, six hours on a train. A very, very tired Casey - who was very freaked out about seeing my name on a building with some weird symbol as the "a". I'm pretty sure it was a storage company now, but it was almost midnight and I'd woken up at seven after not some good sleep, so my conspiracy theories might not be too wrong.

Let me know what you've been reading, been up to. What the most ridiculous spur of the moment thing you've ever done.

On the Blog:
March 2016 | Monthly Wrap Up
#Genrethon (readathon) TBR + kickoff
April 11th | Weekly Wrap Up #32
April 18th | Genrethon wrap up
Dewey's 24 hour readathon | April 2016
Dewey's 24 hour readathon | Full Wrap Up

No comments:

Post a Comment