Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9th | Weekly Wrap Up #33

The first week of May started off with a kick in my reading that honestly surprised me, but I was just in the mood for reading. (And then the real caffeine withdrawal set in, which I've never experienced before but I do not recommend).

I also keep forgetting to include this, but I've been tracking my time (which I mentioned recently in my April wrap up). And so I know how much time I've been spending reading. Since I haven't done a weekly wrap up since the beginning of the month, and it's one day off, I'm going to just include all eight days of May so far. 13 hours, 4 minutes. Which I think is the most I've read in a week since starting to track my time, and I might of figured out a routine that works, as soon as I'm feeling better I can try and get back to it.

Besides that - onto the books, I guess!

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
And that's all there is.
I think I might be in shock, which is why I read so much after. Is that really the end?

Prince's Gambit (Captive Prince #2) by C.S Pacat (5/5)
Way different then the first book, for sure. I'm working on writing a full review for the whole series, speaking of....

Kings Rising (Captive Prince #3) by C.S. Pacat (5/5)
This series. I read it shockingly fast, though I was told to expect that, and damn that was good. (It's a dark series, though, I'd suggest looking into it before diving in). I really enjoyed it, though, it was interesting and fun.

Stuff:
I've been either reading or almost too damn tired to see straight, so I haven't been collecting anything for here. And I guess I don't have to, I've just chatted here before, but I'm still in the tired/muddled face of the caffeine withdrawal. I'm really hoping I feel better tomorrow for Bout of Books.

I guess I could mention that? Talk about it? If you didn't know - Bout of Books 16 starts tomorrow, week long readathon, my favorite honestly (I need sleep, guys, right now like all the sleep). Besides that, I'm not really sure what I'll end up reading during the week. I've got some things I'm currently reading and a stack to choose from - but there's also a back up stack, and also just generally my apartment is full of books.

And that's a little stressful in itself - I totally understand why people stick to TBRs, I wish I could just do that - but I'm still hopeful of getting a lot of reading done if I just don't think about it too hard. (my secret to everything I ever get done - not thinking about it too hard).

Besides that, it's been pretty run of the mill around here since the spur of the moment New York trip. And I want like one day without having to interact with people, generally - people are seriously exhausting.

Oh - well I saw Civil War, but I'm not going to say anything about it? Because I know people probably haven't had the time yet and most people don't like spoilers. It's Steve and Bucky focused, obviously I enjoyed it.

What have you been up to, read this week? Let me know!

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment