Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WWW Wednesday (12)

My first one of these of the year. I can't believe I haven't done one yet! I'm slowly getting out of my reading slump and at least I've read something. Anyway, WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and it's asked you answer there three questions:

  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?


Currently-Reading:
Not as many books as normal, surprisingly. I'm at about 5, I think, on Goodreads, normally I'm 10-12, but I'm not complaining, I don't think it's a bad things, that's for sure.


Read:
Ubik by Philip K. Dick (5/5)
I did a very long review on this one, that I'm kind of proud of, that you can find here.

You Have to Stop This (Secret #5) by Pseudonymous Bosch (5/5)
Very good end to an amazing series, truly. I adored this series and I put off reading this one because I didn't want it to end.

My Story by Marilyn Monroe (5/5)
This is very good. I don't think I'll review it, just because I really don't know what to say about it, but it was good.

The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
I really enjoyed this book, it was so interesting and complex, and had so much story packed in it without feeling overwhelming.

Marilyn: Her Life in Her Own Words... by George Barris (4/5)
It was okay, good even, and I really enjoyed reading more about her.

A Study in Emerald by Neil Gaiman (5/5)
First Audiobook of the year! And it was very short, but I couldn't find an ebook copy. Anyway, this is a fantastic short story, I really wish that it was longer, I'd love to spend more time in this universe.

The Violinist's Thumb: And Other Lost Tales of Love, Lost, and Genius, as Written in Our Genetic Code by Sam Kean (5/5)
This was an amazing book about our DNA and everything about it, a very interesting read and an all around fantastic book. I'm kind of hoping to do a full review on this one, we'll see.

Naked in Death (Death #1) by J.D. Robb AKA Nora Roberts (4/5)
This book was okay. I may have suspected who the killer was right away, but I have read way too many books like this. It has SciFi elements that are just cliche and kind of unimportant. It was pretty good, though, considering that. And, oddly enough, this was published the year I was born so that's weird.

Robot Dreams by Sara Varon (5/5)
This was an amazing book, considering there's no dialogue in it and, really, no words. It's a graphic novel and had an amazing story, the end kind of stomped on my heart, but - it was bittersweet and perfect. I'd highly recommend it!

The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia #1) by C.S. Lewis (5/5)
I've never actually read the Narnia books, I'm not entirely sure why, but as a kid I guess I just didn't get to them before I made the leap into YA and horror (mostly horror, at first I skipped right over YA). But this was really good and I'm excited to read the others in the series.

The Regulators by Stephen King (5/5)
Finished just before midnight on Wednesday and thought I might as well add it. An awesome book and I'm still processing it but it was amazing!

Read Next:
I have no idea. I have so many books I haven't read, and a couple I have to get through for school, and just a lot of books everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment