Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day Five: BookTube--A--Thon

Number of books I've finished today: 3

Total number of books I've read: 12

Books:
White Cat by Holly Black (continued and finished - 192 pages)
The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis (started and finished - 228 pages)
Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey (continued and finished - 375 pages)

Number of pages read today: 795

Total number of pages: 2,912


Notes:
Completely adored White Cat and can't wait to be able to read the rest of the series (hopefully very soon). This one didn't fulfill any kind of challenge.

I did finish Kushiel's Dart today, though, no small feat as it rests at just over 900 pages, whew. But it's truly a fantastic book and it fulfilled two challenges, the read a book over 500 pages one and the reread one. And, The Last Battle, counts as finishing a series as it's the last book in the Chronicles of Narnia, wasn't the book I was originally planning on, but somehow I read four Narnia books this week.

I was going to read the last five pages of anything to get it up to 800 pages for the day but I decided against it, I was getting a headache and finishing that book pretty much exhausted me, but I'm really proud of how much I did read today. Also, on Goodreads, I reached having read 75 books for the year, which I had upped my goal up to from 50, so now it sits at 100. I'm 21 books ahead of schedule, but I'll probably end up lowering it, there's no way, I think, that I'll end up getting to 100. Was definitely my most successful reading day for this read-a-thon so far, though!

And how did your reading go today/this read-a-thon? Good? Leave me a comment and tell me what book you're currently reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment