Friday, April 25, 2014

Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon: Tomorrow

Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon, as you can tell by the title, is tomorrow. Well, more accurately it's this weekend, since it runs from 8am Saturday, to 8am Sunday (and then crash and sleep). It's been too long since I've participated in this kind of read-a-thon, a short and sweet one, so I'm really excited about it.

I'm going to be using a different template then I did last October for this same read-a-thon, which was just post when it started and when it ended. I considered just having one post to update every time there was something to update, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that wasn't going to work. It's get cluttered and overwhelming, so we're going to kind of do the same thing I did in 2012: four hour blocks for updates.

It's pretty simple, I'll post a blog at noon, updating my progress from 8am to noon, and then at 4pm (noon - 4pm), and so on until either I fall asleep or until the read-a-thon ends. I don't have any specific goals this time around, I'd really like to be able to finish a book, at least, hopefully and beyond that - everything else is fun.

So, for as what I might be reading, I'd got, obviously, all of my unread books(or read, really, I've been eying some books up to reread lately), but I do have a kind of stack that I'll probably be choosing from, as always.

  • The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness - I'm currently reading this, so I want to finish it during the read-a-thon
And now less sure books, just the stack I plan to pick from:
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Gray
  • Purity in Death by J.D. Robb 
  • My Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstory by Robin Sloan (which I'm like 50 pages into or something, and it's good, but now what I currently really want)
  • I have Blackbirds and The Blue Blazes by Chuck Wendig
  • Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaoes by R.L. LaFevers
  • The Burning Dark by Adam Christopher
Not sure about any of this, but those are the ones that I want to read next. 

P.S. This is up so much later in the day then normal because I kind of completely forgot about my plan to post this. Probably because I thought yesterday was Wednesday all day, which it obviously wasn't.


Also, if you want to see my progress in more real time, then there are places for that: Goodreads, Twitter, Instagram. And if you're participating, let me know so I can check out your blogs or vlogs.

2 comments:

  1. You’ve got your books,
    You’ve got your snacks.
    Now you can read and just relax!

    Happy Readathon! Enjoy the day and get some great reading done! Picture of Dorain Gray is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It looks really good, but normally classics can be a little slower to read, even shorter ones.

      Delete