Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18th | Weekly Wrap Up #20

So it was - a bit of a very, super hectic week. My mom and I had a meeting on Monday about these apartments, see? And I'm not even sure we got them yet, but if we did - then I'll be able to move in June 1st. Which is fantastic, I"m so excited - however, we're going away for about a week for MistiCon (HP convention) and... and I have a lot of books to pack (and then try and fit into the loft/studio apartment). So that's - hectic, stress, why do I own so many books.

And it's just been busy overall, so while it was Bout of Books, there were three days where I just didn't read a thing. I did still get some good reading done, though, mostly comics related. My bout of books wrap up should of also gone live today, and I did get some last minute single issues down on Sunday, but I didn't really read most of the days of the week.

And I'm pretty sure I won't be getting much read next week with the convention I'm going to and more packing, but I think I'm okay with that at the moment, we'll see.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Young Avengers, Volume 1: Sidekicks by Allan Heinberg, Jom Cheung (3/5)
Enjoyable, but also a little eh for me. I'm hoping late issues/whatever deal more with the new characters (which I know they do because I've read volume 1 of the new run and am now backtracking, as I also did with another comic this week).

Captain America, Red Menace: Volume 2 by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting (5/5)
I'm seriously really enjoying this Brubaker/Epting run. I'm stalling continuing because... well, if you're into comics, you probably know. (I am not prepared, even though I know it's comics. Gah).

A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring #1) by James Dashner (3/5)
A reread for me, and definitely didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first time I read it (two/three years ago now, I think), but I did still enjoy it. I've just got some major issues with the characters/plot, it's cool.

Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2) by Carrie Ryan (2/5)
This is not going well. Especially because this one had, pretty much, the exact lay-out of the first in terms of the basic plot twists. Also - I'm already sick of the tolken female character getting crushes on all the guys (she's fucking eleven and basically a quantum physicist, she doesn't give a shit).

Captain Marvel, Volume 2: Stay Fly & Captain Marvel, Volume 1: In Pursuit of Flight by Kelly Sue DeConnick (5/5)
So there's a reason they're in this order - mostly it's how I read them. I read the other, more recent, volume one before I realized maybe I should start earlier. But by then I just thought fuck it, that would of been a good bit of money. And now I have Marvel Unlimited (magic-y), and I'm so glad I do - I'm loving this series and learning I'll probably just read anything DeConnick writes.

RunKillLove #1 & #2 by Jonathan Tsuei, Eric Canete
Oh man - #1 was so good I was immediately like I need more, give me more.

Spider-Gwen #4 by Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez (3/5)
Descender #3 by Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen
The Wicked + The Divine #10 by Kieron Gillen, Jamie, McKelvie
East of West #19 by Jonathan Hickman, Nick Dragotta

Stuff:
Liz's BookTube Philosophy - this is interesting and fun. Keeping in mind why you're doing things, whatever they are, is always a good idea.

I didn't not spend a lot of time watching things - some random stuff, but I did start watching Spartacus again. And why did no one tell me Jaime Murray was in the second season? I would of definitely continued sooner. (Warnings for Spartacus: everything, specifically blood/gore but seriously everything)

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment