Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dewey's readathon | Wrap Up

I didn't end up reading for as long as I wanted, but I did complete one of my goals that I didn't actually mention anywhere (ah yes, one of those goals that you're like - I can probably finish this. But if I say it out loud, I probably won't do it. Why? Because brains suck.

The goal was to finish the Locke and Key series, all six volumes, and I did it! I'd read volumes 1-3 over a year ago and I was planning on rereading them and continuing with the rest, which I'm really glad I did because the amount I remembered from those was really just barely the skeletal part of it. (My memory is really awful).

Anyway - I finished that and some of other things. Like what I was currently reading, being Shadows of Self, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Before i get to my full stats. I just want to say something first.

I really love this read-a-thon. It's a ton of fun, and it's always just so exciting to think of everything starting to read at exactly the same time, and then seeing everyones updates and what people are reading and such. I kind of wish I could do this more often, just push everything aside and read Considering the nap I took turend into more a sleep, I probably could get done what I did during a normal day, if I just read, but whatever. It's not the same without a read-a-thon!

If you haven't been participating - or are just hearing about Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon - then I highly suggest you click that link and check it out, they have events twice a year (the next is in April, and then October again). It's a ton of fun.


Books:
Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson
Virgil by Steve Orlando, J.D. Faith
Locke and Key, Volume One: Welcome To Lovecraft by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez
All New Hawkeye #4 by Jeff Lemire, Ramon Perez
Locke and Key, Volume Two: Head Games by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez
Locke and Key, Volume Three: Crown of Shadows by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez
Locke and Key, Volume Four: Keys to the Kingdom by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriquez
Nameless #5 by Grant Morrison Chris Burnham
Locke and Key, Volume 5: Clockworks by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez
Locke and Key, Volume 6: Alpha & Omega by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez

Total # Pages Read: 1, 387

Total # Books Read: 8

Total Time Spent Reading: 7 hours, 25 minutes

Not even 8 hours of reading, but I did get an amount done I feel pretty good about. Let me know how you did down below, I'd love to hear, I really would. Now, I just hope I'm still sleeping when this is posted.

Sign Up
Kick Off
Dewey's readathon | Update | 8am - 12pm
Dewey's readathon | Update | 12pm - 4pm
Dewey's readathon | Update | 12am - 4am

No comments:

Post a Comment