Monday, October 19, 2015

October 12th | Weekly Wrap Up #25

I went another two weeks without doing one of these and now I'm trying to finish typing this up while I'm completely exhausted from Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon (my wrap up of that), but I love that read-a-thon, always such a blast.

Anyway, this is everything I've read the last two weeks and also what I've been up to media wise, which honestly really isn't much. I've been sleeping a regular amount (which is honestly a little shocking), but I haven't been up to much, in all honesty.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Captain America: White #2 by Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale (5/5)
So this comic series had made me tear up 2/2 at this point. Both times there's been a point within the first about five/ten pages where it's just like - oh no. Basically, I'm really love it and cannot wait for more.

Wolf #3 by Ales Kot, Matt Taylor (3/5)
I'm loving this series - the first one blew me away and then #2 and this one haven't been as whoa, but this one had more going on again. I just can't kind of wait to see where the hell this is going.

Black Canary #4 by Brenden Fletcher, Annie Wu (4/5)
This series is awesome and also adorable, and I'm also slightly concerned. But excited for the next issue!

The Wicked and the Divine #14 by Kiernon Gillen, Jamie McKelvie (5/5)
The last few have felt a little wavering and it was confusing - but this one kind of showed some of what the hell is going on.

The Alloy of Law (Mistborn #4, Wax and Wayne #1) by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
It was good as hell to get back into this world. And I love all the characters and I'm so damn curious to trying to figure out what's going on with the world and everything. So good, though. So good.

Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
How this book wrapped up was something I completely did not expect, and seeing some old friends is always good. (Well, old friend). I seriously highly recommend all things Sanderson, and I also got to meet him this last week (more on that below).

Virgil by Steve Orlando, J.D. Faith (5/5)
I don't know what i expected from this, but I really enjoyed what I got? It was like an intense, high body count action movie (pretty much here for) but with the main character being a guy whose guy and being ridiculed for that - and his boyfriend is taken and he wants him back (okay, I'm so here for that, someone needs to make it a movie). I really, realy enjoyed this, and the art style was something I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, but I think it's gorgeous

Locke and Key, Volume One: Welcome To Lovecraft  through to Volume Six: Alpha & Omega by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez (5/5)
Yup, you read that right, I read all six volumes of this series, pretty much in one day (readathon, remember?). Volumes 1-3 were rereads but I realized how truly little I remembered from them so I'm glad I reread them. Either way - this was incredible, it seriously blew me away, and discovering about new keys was so damn interesting. I highly recommend this series and cannot wait to get to read something else by Joe Hill (I haven't actually read any of his novels yet, or short stories).

All New Hawkeye #4 by Jeff Lemire, Ramon Perez (3/5)
I have no idea what happened here, but I think we might get old man Barton? Shockingly here for that?

Nameless #5 by Grant Morrison Chris Burnham (2/5)
I don't know what this comic is, what this series it. But I'm still reading it in the hope sit all comes together and makes sense - hasn't really done that for me yet.

Stuff:
Wasn't feeling good most of the last week, and the week before I started watching Arrow (on the 10th, I think), also watched the first episode of Flash, just because it was there. I'm now well into season two of Arrow, really enjoying it and going to try and watch the rest of them pretty lined up because cameos are fun.

Also this past Wednesday, the 14th, Brandon Sanderson was in Boston. And so obviously I couldn't miss that for the life of me. And I was no disappointed, it was kind of just like low grade fangirling the whole time, but I don't think anyone noticed. Also I might have stared a little too hard as some cosplayers dressed as Wax and Wayne but only because they looked awesome.

Besides that - life has been pretty boring, busy, but boring. I mean, all of my appliances are breaking on me and I'm so behind on YouTube that I will never catch up anyway. Also still crocheting - was I crocheting the last time I posted one of these? I think I was... yes, I just checked, had been for like over a week.

Let me know what's going on with you! Your favorite recent read, or what's going on personally, anything at all!

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment